Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just bought a 2021 Touring in Cosmic Blue Metallic w/ the Ivory interior a couple of days ago. I'm coming from a 2013 VW Jetta SE with the 2.5l 5cyl and this will be my first hybrid. Huge upgrade in terms of tech and handling. I'm so excited to own this and drive it everywhere. Mostly here to read about tips and read about other people's experiences with the Insight. Looking forward to adding all-weather mats and a spare tire in the near future.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,612 Posts
Congratulations! You have several all-weather mat options. Lowest on the list appear to be the Honda mats. I tried them, but the sides aren't tall, and they don't cover the dead pedal. I went with Husky as a less expensive but (to me) equivalent option to WeatherTech. As for a spare, you can hit up a salvage yard for a GenX (2016-2018) Civic spare setup which will fit the Insight for way less than the dealer would charge for the "official" Insight setup. Don't forget the hold-down bolt! Tools and foam holder fit the Insight as well.

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: bensonben

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you want some really nice mats I would go with the Tuxmat option. They cover more than the WeatherTech mats and clean way easier. I’ve had mine also 2 years and they still look new

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Mostly here to read about tips and read about other people's experiences with the Insight. Looking forward to adding all-weather mats and a spare tire in the near future.
Welcome to the forum! Some quick links to threads that may help get you started:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts