Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,333 Posts
Hello,
New to the forum. Have had my Insight EX since Oct 31. Currently at just over 5k miles. Curious to learn more.
I joined this forum for the same reason, to learn, and share our experiences with the car. I never did this for any of the previous cars that I have owned since they did not have as much tech and were just regular gas cars. :smile:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome Insighted91. You will learn a lot on this forum. How have you liked your EX for the last 5k miles? Any major discoveries you want to share?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have you been using your Insight mostly for commuting or have you taken it on some longer road trips? First hybrid or have you owned one prior?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mostly commuting. I've taken the car on a few ~200 mile trips. Have noticed that mpg is very sensitive to speed. If I'm driving ~67-72 mph, I get ~42 mpg. In the mid-to-upper 70s mph, I get ~38mpg. Way more than with any other car I've owned. OF course, this is during the winter, when I have the heat blasting.
The short time I drove it with temps in 60s-70s, I was getting 60-70 mpg in the city. Didn't get a chance to take it on the highway with those temps.
This is my first hybrid, and I am currently experimenting with the different driving modes and regen to see how I can get the best mpg. I'm loving the powerflow, really nerd out to that haha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm also trying to figure out how these forums work. First forum I've registered for as well.
@Honda2019 the only thing that has been bugging me is that there are covers over the rails between the jack points. I have three spaced evenly apart. I'm going to have to ask the dealer what the heck the point of these are...
Also curious to see if the insight will ever get a hitch.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm also trying to figure out how these forums work. First forum I've registered for as well.
@Honda2019 the only thing that has been bugging me is that there are covers over the rails between the jack points. I have three spaced evenly apart. I'm going to have to ask the dealer what the heck the point of these are...
Also curious to see if the insight will ever get a hitch.
Interesting. I'll have to take a look at mine to see what you are referring to. As for the forums, just try to find threads that interest you and you can then choose the "thread tools" link in the upper left and choose "Subscribe to this thread" option. You will get emails whenever someone adds a comment to the thread. Or if you are hard core, you can just click the "Active Topics" link at the top and you will see threads that have new comments listed at the top of the list in bold font for those you haven't read yet.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,333 Posts
Interesting. I'll have to take a look at mine to see what you are referring to. As for the forums, just try to find threads that interest you and you can then choose the "thread tools" link in the upper left and choose "Subscribe to this thread" option. You will get emails whenever someone adds a comment to the thread. Or if you are hard core, you can just click the "Active Topics" link at the top and you will see threads that have new comments listed at the top of the list in bold font for those you haven't read yet.
Thanks for the tip about the active topics link. Didn't notice it until now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts