Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
Just registered today, but I've been an 2019 Insight owner since July 2018. I've actually been an Insight owner since 2012, bought a 2011 leftover, and have been loving the gas savings hence the name Hypermiler. I purchased my 2011 because I drive 25k plus miles a year to and from work annually. I wasn't in the market for a new car until my 2011 was totaled, ironically by a girl in a Civic AND just after I paid it off! In the end she did me a favor, while I was very happy with my 2nd gen and it was very functional and practical for me I LOVE the 2019!! I was resistant at first, not being very tech savvy (only got a smart phone after I bought the car) I'm getting very used to all the features even though I feel like some of it is overkill.
Anyway, looking forward to many happy years of driving and connecting with other owners as well!

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Definitely interested to hear about your experience on the Insight in the future since you drive so many miles per year. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Welcome, hypermiler - glad to have you as an 'official' member. I'll be interested in your perspective on comparisons (and hopefully improvements?) you see in the Gen3 Insight versus the Gen2 Insight...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome, Hypermiler.

I was recently on the island a couple of times looking for 2019 Insights. As far east as the Amityville area, Islip area, and all highways west including the LIE. I must have missed you.

I almost purchased a 2013 Insight. I was actually watching YouTube videos today of them. My daughter is having car problems, so I'm wondering if a 2010 - 2014 Insight would work for her. I actually like a hatch back. And I think they looked fine. I like them better than the Prius!

Phil

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not the best circumstance to force you into buying a new car, but its always good to see people returning to a specific model based on previous experiences. With all the driving that you do, I can only imagine how swapping to a hybrid has decreased your running costs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome, Hypermiler.

I was recently on the island a couple of times looking for 2019 Insights. As far east as the Amityville area, Islip area, and all highways west including the LIE. I must have missed you.

I almost purchased a 2013 Insight. I was actually watching YouTube videos today of them. My daughter is having car problems, so I'm wondering if a 2010 - 2014 Insight would work for her. I actually like a hatch back. And I think they looked fine. I like them better than the Prius!

Phil
The Gen2 is a good car, but very basic. The ride and handling are ok, the interior is really bare bones and a little cheesy. I was coming from an '03 Accord coupe EXL so I definitely missed the creature comforts. To seal the deal I negotiated with the dealer to have after market leather seats and seat warmers installed prior to delivery, no doubt I had the only Insight with those features on the planet! :grin:

Too bad I wasn't on the forum prior to your quest here on the island, I have a very good friend who is sales manager at North Shore Honda in Glen Head. He ALWAYS gets me, family and friends the best deals!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts