Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all! We are a Honda family through and through. My wife drives a 2019 Ody Elite in Obsidian Blue (we've got 3 boys!) and I just recently stepped into a 2019 Insight Touring in Aegean Blue w/ spoiler and body side moldings. It's a HUGE upgrade compared to the 2004 Civic LX Coupe I was driving prior. I've owned the car for about 2 weeks and still get giddy every time I get the chance to drive it. I actually enjoy my work commute again!

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the 'official' (non-lurking) side of the forum! ;) The Insight has come a long way over prior generations, and definitely feels premium over the current Civic, let alone prior Civics!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Hey y'all! We are a Honda family through and through. My wife drives a 2019 Ody Elite in Obsidian Blue (we've got 3 boys!) and I just recently stepped into a 2019 Insight Touring in Aegean Blue w/ spoiler and body side moldings. It's a HUGE upgrade compared to the 2004 Civic LX Coupe I was driving prior. I've owned the car for about 2 weeks and still get giddy every time I get the chance to drive it. I actually enjoy my work commute again!
That's the first thing I noticed when I bought my Insight. It made me less stressed when I encounter traffic cause of brake hold and EV mode reduces the noise/gas consumption when idling.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome westb87 to the forum. I too enjoy my 35 mile commute (each way) now that I am in my Insight. I came from a 2006 Subaru Legacy which I loved, but the Insight feels like a more comfortable ride, plus all the tech is a dream come true to me (I remember when I bought my Subaru, I was looking at various auto makes at an auto show and none of them even had a USB port to charge your phone with!). My wife has a 2004 EX Coupe that is limping along and when I drive that I feel like I am going into the stone ages!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats, and welcome! :smile:

I WISH I could drive my Insight to work. I have a company vehicle. And although it saves me lots of money, I just have to drive my Insight on days off. My wife gets it M-F. NEVER has a car I owned felt so good to drive. We love our Insight.

Again, welcome to the fold.

Phil

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts

I WISH I could drive my Insight to work. I have a company vehicle. And although it saves me lots of money, I just have to drive my Insight on days off. My wife gets it M-F. NEVER has a car I owned felt so good to drive. We love our Insight.

Phil
Hmm... If I was given a company car, I would probably take the company car, so I don't put the miles on the Insight. :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's the first thing I noticed when I bought my Insight. It made me less stressed when I encounter traffic cause of brake hold and EV mode reduces the noise/gas consumption when idling.
The brake hold feature on both of our Hondas is an absolutely wonderful engineering feat that makes drives in cities much more effortless. We were in New Orleans this past week in the Ody and the brake hold made stop and go city traffic a breeze.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome westb87 to the forum. I too enjoy my 35 mile commute (each way) now that I am in my Insight. I came from a 2006 Subaru Legacy which I loved, but the Insight feels like a more comfortable ride, plus all the tech is a dream come true to me (I remember when I bought my Subaru, I was looking at various auto makes at an auto show and none of them even had a USB port to charge your phone with!). My wife has a 2004 EX Coupe that is limping along and when I drive that I feel like I am going into the stone ages!
I used to have a long commute at 30 miles and wish I would have purchased a hybrid back then. It would have been much more sensible than the 04 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 I was driving that used mid-grade and got 14mpg... At least your 04 EX was an EX! The LX was VERY spartan when I sold my Ram and moved into it. Even though they were the same year, the Civic felt like a significant downgrade compared to the Ram. It was a helluva lot cheaper to insure and fuel up in though. I feel like the Insight is a step in the right direction and I truly do love just driving it around aimlessly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Phil
Hey Phil! Man, I'd take the company car if I had one to commute in. At least you get to enjoy your Insight on the weekends with your wife!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Phil! Man, I'd take the company car if I had one to commute in. At least you get to enjoy your Insight on the weekends with your wife!
This is true. Saves the mileage some too, cause I'd drive the wheels off of poor Birdie (my Insight's name).

Enjoy the ride!

Phil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts