Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

New owner Honda Insight

6K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  insightfully 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I live in a small country in Europe and I bought this car from America. This is the first hybrid in my life, my previous car is an Audi A6 C7. The first impressions of the car are great, but there are so many questions. I apologize for my English. not my native language. Below I will provide a photo of my new car

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That’s pretty cool. You probably have one of the rarest car in Europe right now. Is it expensive to export the Insight? How did you find out about the 3rd gen Insight and end up buying it? Feel free to post your questions! Your english is good. :)

#8 ·
Thank you for your feedback, it was worth exporting the car for about $ 3,000. I found out about the car quite by accident that my friend brought it up and put it up for sale, at that time I had an Audi and I thought instead of serving it it would be better to buy a new Honda.The car of 2018. Initially, a white interior was installed in the car, but it was in poor condition and we decided to put a red one .I apologize but I don’t know what topic to ask. When I start driving the car from the speakers makes a sound woo wooo Can this be turned off?

#14 ·
It's odd that is occurs after 5-10 minutes. Does the sound occur at any speed? Does it occur more than once per drive? It's odd that it would occur after such a delay and only from the speakers. Have you ruled out a potential Bluetooth issue with your mobile phone?

Please post a video of the issue to this thread when you can. Thanks!

Now I want a red interior! FYI - The ivory trim on the dashboard just pops off in the event you want to get it covered to match the rest of the interior.

#15 ·
Well, for a very long time I tried to catch this sound on my phone’s camera, but nothing came of it, I noticed that this noise is louder when I go up, it is probably noise reduction. Is it my main question to set navigation in Europe?

#16 ·
Is the sound at all similar to the video shared in post #11? If so, that's Honda's "Acoustic Vehicle Alert System" (AVAS) which comes on when the car is moving on electric power only to alert pedestrians of approaching car. Only Canadian models have the option to turn this off; US models have this AVAS 'always on.'

With regard to navigation, the maps should be international, and we even had one forum member report their US navigation system was orienting them to Liberia, Africa. - Navigation auto-switched country

The following pages are from the Insight's Navigation Manual. There's a voice option to "change country" that you might want to try; see attachments below.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.