Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see it now, thanks. Fuelly.com throws me off sometimes because it shows a list of local cars for sale before showing the fuel-ups. I saw Corolla LE and jumped off the page. The Corolla (and Civic for that matter) has always been a gas-sipping vehicle, so no surprise folks can beat EPA estimates.

I can get 60ish on my trips with the Insight if I try but I'd rather just drive normally and try not to pay attention. I'm averaging 52 now. If Corolla Hybrid can easily pull 55+ without trying, that's great. I think it is great that manufacturers are offering hybrid versions of popular sedans. More options for us!!
I mean if you're averaging 52 without having to try that's really impressive! I'm picking up my new Silver Touring tonight (if all goes well) and i'm coming from a '13 Ford C-Max Hybrid that averages 38-40 per tank so i'm excited for some real Hybrid gains.. Although i'm going to really miss the hatchback/space when the seats are down in the C-Max. I don't utilize the space enough for me to have consider a bigger Hybrid though, such as a Niro/RAV4 Hybrid though. I'm a Honda fan at heart so it's going to be nice to be back in the Honda family.. I owned a '16 Civic Touring before as well before trading it in and it was such a joy to drive.

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
I mean if you're averaging 52 without having to try that's really impressive! I'm picking up my new Silver Touring tonight (if all goes well) and i'm coming from a '13 Ford C-Max Hybrid that averages 38-40 per tank so i'm excited for some real Hybrid gains.. Although i'm going to really miss the hatchback/space when the seats are down in the C-Max. I don't utilize the space enough for me to have consider a bigger Hybrid though, such as a Niro/RAV4 Hybrid though. I'm a Honda fan at heart so it's going to be nice to be back in the Honda family.. I owned a '16 Civic Touring before as well before trading it in and it was such a joy to drive.
I'm averaging 52mpg(winter was about 40-42mpg) consistently right now and I drive it like my previous gas cars except with less lead foot thanks to eco mode which makes the gas pedal less responsive. Congrats on your new Insight! Try to pick it up before sunset so you can better check for alignment, gaps, and other cosmetic defects before driving off the lot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm averaging 52mpg(winter was about 40-42mpg) consistently right now and I drive it like my previous gas cars except with less lead foot thanks to eco mode which makes the gas pedal less responsive. Congrats on your new Insight! Try to pick it up before sunset so you can better check for alignment, gaps, and other cosmetic defects before driving off the lot.
Thank you! They have two Silver tourings so they are letting me have my pick at both of them .. Ones got about 100 miles already clocked in and the other i'm unsure.. Heading over shortly so i'll have plenty of light left! Thanks for looking out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thank you! They have two Silver tourings so they are letting me have my pick at both of them .. Ones got about 100 miles already clocked in and the other i'm unsure.. Heading over shortly so i'll have plenty of light left! Thanks for looking out.
Be sure to check the build date. I always ask for extra accessory or money off if miles > 20 or the car has been sitting longer than a couple of months.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be sure to check the build date. I always ask for extra accessory or money off if miles > 20 or the car has been sitting longer than a couple of months.
The build date on mine is 12/18.. guess these 2019 models have been sitting around a long time.. seems like a perfect sample though.. no blemishes anywhere and runs fine so far.. enjoying how incredibly solid this car is.. feels like it’s on a whole other level compared to everything else I test drove..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3 tanks in on a Touring here in Jax, Florida.. averaging slightly over 50 mpg so far (tracking via Fuelly).. I'm happy about my numbers considering what the EPA gave for the Touring. Much better than the 36-38 average I was getting on my last 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts