Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm also new here; I am checking out hybrids and the Insight is high on the list if I don't go 4x4; it seems ideal for what I'd like in a car-car. Curious especially to see how it holds up and why the range of outcomes with fuel mileage seems to be so wide with this one.

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
I'm also new here; I am checking out hybrids and the Insight is high on the list if I don't go 4x4; it seems ideal for what I'd like in a car-car. Curious especially to see how it holds up and why the range of outcomes with fuel mileage seems to be so wide with this one.
Where will you be driving the Insight(It could help us give you an idea on what to expect)? The Rav4 hybrid seems like a good choice if you must get AWD.

·
Super Moderator
1,066 Posts
There and how you drive it will make all the difference. Terrain and speed determine how well you'll do mpg-wise.

I love my Insight as it averages 70-mpg on my r/t work commute. It's all slow country roads. If it were straight highway, it would be a different story.

As for the Rav4, I have a buddy at work who owns one. He loves it and consistently gets in the high 40s in mixed driving. I would seriously consider it if 4x4 was a necessity.

I'll take my Insight any day. It's efficient. I'm 6'2", and I still have 6 inches of headroom above me. It's spacious, has lots of tech and it looks good. The fact it's a rarity to see on the road doesn't hurt either!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts