Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Insight Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have owned my 2019 Insight for about 2 years and absolutely love it. Just found this forum today when I was searching for a video/instructions on removing the front bumper.

Noticed today that at some point when my car was parked someone bumped into the front and broke the plastic grill piece holding the logo completely pushing it in.

The good news is that it’s only damage, and it’s localized to one piece of the bumper. That being said glad it lead me to this forum because I found all kinds of useful pieces of advice.

Side note: If anyone knows if this would be something I could manage to fix myself or could point me in the right direction, then I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What trim level did you opt for? What is the extent of the damage (i.e. is the plastic crushed/indented? is it mostly in tact?) Could you share a picture?

A couple threads come to mind:
  • There's some mention of front emblems in the following thread. If the grill damage is minor enough, can you buy a new emblem and attach back via the plastic pegs OR glue on? - Colored Front & Rear Emblems
  • The diagram in the following thread is regarding grille replacement, and shows a schematic of the front grille. If the damage is severe enough to need replacement, it looks like it's the whole/entire solid piece (part #1 in diagram) that will need to be ordered - Front Grille - Honda Accessory
The part number corresponding to "part #1" in the diagram is 71121-TXM-A01 / BASE UPPER, FRONT and runs $115 per hondapartsnow.com. If the plastic emblem is also needs replacement, it's "part #12" in the diagram, 75700-TF0-000 / EMBLEM, and runs $20 per hondapartsnow.com.

·
Registered
2019 Insight Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! What trim level did you opt for? What is the extent of the damage (i.e. is the plastic crushed/indented? is it mostly in tact?) Could you share a picture?

A couple threads come to mind:
  • There's some mention of front emblems in the following thread. If the grill damage is minor enough, can you buy a new emblem and attach back via the plastic pegs OR glue on? - Colored Front & Rear Emblems
  • The diagram in the following thread is regarding grille replacement, and shows a schematic of the front grille. If the damage is severe enough to need replacement, it looks like it's the whole/entire solid piece (part #1 in diagram) that will need to be ordered - Front Grille - Honda Accessory
The part number corresponding to "part #1" in the diagram is 71121-TXM-A01 / BASE UPPER, FRONT and runs $115 per hondapartsnow.com. If the plastic emblem is also needs replacement, it's "part #12" in the diagram, 75700-TF0-000 / EMBLEM, and runs $20 per hondapartsnow.com.
Thanks! I have a 2019 Touring. Yeah I pretty sure the whole part need to be replaced it has several cracks and is pushed in. I’ll post a photo in the morning. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2019 Insight Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks again for the help. Here is a photo of the damage. I know I will have to remove the bumper to replace the grille, which for Honda’s involves a lot of clips which aren’t too bad to remove. What I don’t know here is what all needs to be removed, when I did my civic back in the day it was mostly one piece with a few small trim piece near the lights. The insight’s bumper is more broken up into smaller sections when you look at it from the front and I am not sure which pieces will require removal.

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Thanks again for the help. Here is a photo of the damage. I know I will have to remove the bumper to replace the grille, which for Honda’s involves a lot of clips which aren’t too bad to remove. What I don’t know here is what all needs to be removed, when I did my civic back in the day it was mostly one piece with a few small trim piece near the lights. The insight’s bumper is more broken up into smaller sections when you look at it from the front and I am not sure which pieces will require removal.
Here are some visuals that might provide some clues (?) on front bumper attachment points: 1) front bumper part diagrams from hondapartsnow.com, 2) fog light installation instructions, 3) parking sensor installation. @AMCooper63 removed the front bumper for DIY OEM parking sensor installation and may be able to provide some tips as well.

1A) FRONT BUMPER - https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts...a_cvt/interior_bumper/front_bumper.html?pnc=1

1B) FRONT GRILLE BASE - https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~0~71121-txm-a01.html

2) FOG LIGHT INSTALLATION (page 7 - ?) - https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/insight/2019/ledfoglights.pdf

3) PARKING SENSOR INSTALLATION (page 11 - ?) - https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/insight/2019/parkingsensors.pdf

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,646 Posts
The chrome leading edge trim (1B Front Grille Base item #2?) appears to be damaged as well. That, and (same fig, #1) looks to be all that's needed. The jury is still out on needing item #4.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,067 Posts
Noticed today that at some point when my car was parked someone bumped into the front and broke the plastic grill piece holding the logo completely pushing it in.
I'm always afraid something like this will happen to my car when I park on a public street. People don't know how to parallel park and will try to fit in a space they clearly aren't going to fit. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2019 Insight Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:
Turns out I had to replace all 3 parts of the grill. Found a local body shop that my dad had used along time ago charged me $400 to replace all 3 parts of the grill and it only took 6 hours to complete had it back the next day. He saved the old parts for me to see that they were actually broken and needed replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts