Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First owning a hybrid and couldn’t be happier with purchase. Was between this and the accord and glad I went with the Insight instead. Done a few upgrades here and there. Some through Honda and some on my own. Never joined a forum either.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
First owning a hybrid and couldn’t be happier with purchase. Was between this and the accord and glad I went with the Insight instead. Done a few upgrades here and there. Some through Honda and some on my own. Never joined a forum either.
Welcome to the forum!

Several of us are new to hybrids and new to forums, so you're in good company. After lurking and reading for about a month, I finally signed up to participate in the discussion. I had lots of questions, and the folks in the forum are both knowledgeable and friendly.

Is your model a 2020? (There are a few 2019's still out there, and the 2021's are starting to show up. Yours has LaneWatch so its either 2019 or 2020...)

I see tinting, parking sensors, splash guards, spoiler, and blacked-out roof & fin. How long have you owned and/or how long to get these upgrades done?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah same here I lurked for a bit and there’s a lot of useful information on here. I’ve directed some other friends to this website as well. Mine is a 2020.

I've contacted my local dealer if it’s possible to swap out lane watch for the Blind Spot System but unfortunately atm its a no. I’m not a fan of the camera but each is their own.

I purchased my Insight very end of February. Just hit 2300 miles so fairly new. I’ve managed to upgrade all interior lights, rear turn signals, and reverse lights to LED for a cleaner crisp look too. just had the roof and tail wrapped a few days ago at a local shop. Looking for a ceramic coating to help protect the paint but it’s a little costly so might wait a few months on that. Spoiler and parking sensors I had added at a local dealer. For those of you who have Costco memberships use the 15% discount they offer for accessories, parts, and labor in participating dealerships. It adds up!

Anyone you know who’s successfully replaced their lane watch for Blind Spot Monitoring? That would be my biggest project.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
I've contacted my local dealer if it’s possible to swap out lane watch for the Blind Spot System but unfortunately atm its a no. I’m not a fan of the camera but each is their own.
[...]
Anyone you know who’s successfully replaced their lane watch for Blind Spot Monitoring? That would be my biggest project.
Haven't had anyone pull the trigger yet, but it's been a recent discussion point, since we heard the 2021 Insight is getting the Blind Spot Information (and Rear Cross Traffic Alert) system.
If your dealer declined, perhaps it really isn't do-able yet. Or maybe you'd get a different answer at another dealer (?). If it were possible, you'd think they'd be all over it given how slow their business has been lately...

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
The infotainment software on the 2021 Insight could be slightly different to enable support for the BSM. The Insight shares the same software as the Accord so it might just be as easy as them whitelisting the 2021 Insight VINs maybe.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
The infotainment software on the 2021 Insight could be slightly different to enable support for the BSM. The Insight shares the same software as the Accord so it might just be as easy as them whitelisting the 2021 Insight VINs maybe.
Will be interesting to have a 2021 owner let us know what software version they see.

From a "function/features" standpoint, the 2021 manual was the same as the 2019/2020 manual - with Blind Spot Monitoring & Rear Cross Traffic Alert replacing LaneWatch. I kinda expect the software version to be the same (?).

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
Not worth $395 extra. From a distance you don't see the platinum flakes, just regular white paint
The White Orchid on the 2019 Insight had more flakes and the color was free! :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts