Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local Honda dealership to buy a new Accord Hybrid. I thought it drove like my grandpa's Buick. (you know, like a boat). Saw the Insight on the Honda website. I went back to the dealer to test drive it, I thought it was really fun to drive. Plus, it has the passenger side mirror camera that I love. I took delivery of my new 2020 Insight Touring on Friday night. Wow, no Civic ever drove like this. It handles really good. Reminds me of my old Acura TL. My new Insight Touring is zippy, and really fun to drive, but still manages to drive like a luxury car. Glad to own my new Insight, and glad to be a part of this community.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
I went to the local Honda dealership to buy a new Accord Hybrid. I thought it drove like my grandpa's Buick. (you know, like a boat). Saw the Insight on the Honda website. I went back to the dealer to test drive it, I thought it was really fun to drive. Plus, it has the passenger side mirror camera that I love. I took delivery of my new 2020 Insight Touring on Friday night. Wow, no Civic ever drove like this. It handles really good. Reminds me of my old Acura TL. My new Insight Touring is zippy, and really fun to drive, but still manages to drive like a luxury car. Glad to own my new Insight, and glad to be a part of this community.
+1 @notatreehugger :grin: I bought this car cause it looked nice and drove well, too. The hybrid thing was a nice bonus feature. The Civic uses a turbo engine so it will have turbo lag. The Insight is built under the Civic's foundation but with electric motors. You're probably experiencing the instant torque when you floor it which pulls you into your seat. See you around the forum! ;)

@stevew He wrote 2020. :p

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
LOL, agree that the Accord Hybrid feels too big to maneuver. Glad you decided on the Insight instead. Was the spoiler included in purchase price by dealer? Did you opt for any other accessories?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
LOL, agree that the Accord Hybrid feels too big to maneuver. Glad you decided on the Insight instead. Was the spoiler included in purchase price by dealer? Did you opt for any other accessories?

Welcome to the forum!
I think he got the wing spoiler, underbody spoiler-side only, and front bumper accent(Insight Mustache:p) from his photo.

FYI - the 2016-2018 EX and lower trims, and 2019 Sport and lower trims are naturally aspirated (vs turbo) engines. This was an important point for me because I didn't want a turbo version.
He could've been avoiding the turbo engines if he was shopping an Accord Hybrid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts