Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just purchased my Insight EX on friday night. Apparently, I ran out of windshield washer fluid today but received no warning from the Insight. I remember reading in the manual that the dash should give a "low washer fluid warning". Anyone experience this yet?

Thanks,

Andres

·
Registered
78 Posts
It seems only the Canadian models get a low washer fluid warning. See page 574 of the owners manual

·
Administrator
4,316 Posts
...as if low washer fluid warning is only needed in Canada? Would've been nice if Honda made this simple indicator standard on US/CA models.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,778 Posts
...as if low washer fluid warning is only needed in Canada? Would've been nice if Honda made this simple indicator standard on US/CA models.
That idea of buying the Insight in Canada isn't such a bad idea if it wasn't for the fact I would be missing out on the extended emissions warranty and having to deal with customs. Getting a MPH digital speedometer and now a washer fluid sensor. :wink: Makes you wonder if the Mexican Insight has something our American Insight doesn't have.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have to agree. This falls in the same weirdness area as kph digital in us only and MPH digital in Canada.

·
Administrator
4,316 Posts
Is it just the sensor missing? Would it be plug and play? I found this Best Sensor - Windshield Washer Level for Honda Cars, Trucks & SUVs -
To replicate what Canadian Insights have, I think it needs both sensor plus electrical connection to trigger alert/message.

I can't find associated part numbers (#13), but it looks like Canadian models get a bigger reservoir (with sensor built-in?) versus US models (#12). It makes me think more fluid volume is required than the US (or Mexico?) models have, for the sensor to work...?

Honda Parts Now - 2019 Honda Insight 4 Door EX KA CVT Windshield Washer

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,778 Posts
it looks like Canadian models get a bigger reservoir
Yeah, they do have a bigger windshield washer tank.
U.S.: 2.6 US qt (2.5 L)
Canada: 4.8 US qt (4.5 L)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts