Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to get a pop-up on the infotainment screen when I received a text message but it's no longer happening. I use android auto and usually have either Google maps or Waze displaying with a podcast playing with the Castbox app.

I'm not sure exactly when it quit working. It's been awhile. Maybe sometime around the time of the software update release? I can't remember if I received any texts after that point.

Does anyone have an idea on why it might have stopped working or how to fix it?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,904 Posts
I used to get a pop-up on the infotainment screen when I received a text message but it's no longer happening. I use android auto and usually have either Google maps or Waze displaying with a podcast playing with the Castbox app.

I'm not sure exactly when it quit working. It's been awhile. Maybe sometime around the time of the software update release? I can't remember if I received any texts after that point.

Does anyone have an idea on why it might have stopped working or how to fix it?

Thanks!
I haven't use Android Auto in awhile but Google sometimes push out an update that would break functionality from time to time. It doesn't even have to be an update for Android Auto but an update for the Google app that would break assistant in Android Auto for example.

Try checking your Do not Disturb settings as suggested here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't use Android Auto in awhile but Google sometimes push out an update that would break functionality from time to time. It doesn't even have to be an update for Android Auto but an update for the Google app that would break assistant in Android Auto for example.

Try checking your Do not Disturb settings as suggested here.
Thanks for that link. My DND setting was not turned on. It sounds like my functionality is just plain broken. Some people in that discussion said they would be in the middle of a conversation and some messages would come through but others wouldn't. The only solution that seemed to always work is to install and use the Google Messages app. I don't really have a desire to use a new messaging app though so I'll just live with it not working.

·
Administrator
4,697 Posts
Thanks for that link. My DND setting was not turned on. It sounds like my functionality is just plain broken. Some people in that discussion said they would be in the middle of a conversation and some messages would come through but others wouldn't. The only solution that seemed to always work is to install and use the Google Messages app. I don't really have a desire to use a new messaging app though so I'll just live with it not working.
If it's a "feature" update in a new version of operating system, can downgrading to an older version restore functionality (?). A Reddit poster mentioned liking the message notification sounds being muted to avoid distraction, and instead occasionally says "OK Google, read my messages" while driving.

It seems to be referred to as a 'longstanding issue' with almost 400 posts in the following google support thread. Resolution via version update seems hit or miss. Some older tips to check are also listed in this Civic forum on topic as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts