Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get one in the states? Not US market one.

Also, will it fit us market insight? Maybe with some modification?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Anyone know where I can get one in the states? Not US market one.

Also, will it fit us market insight? Maybe with some modification?
Should fit just fine, you'll have to find a Japanese import/export place to buy it and ship it, most likely.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,907 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,907 Posts
Yes that one . I don’t know why that is the only pic I can find of the Japanese spoiler online.

I don’t even know why I want it based on one pic..
It's a nice looking sleek spoiler that seems to go with the design of the car. I normally don't like spoilers but I do want this one. The high cost to import it made me rethink. :sad:

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a nice looking sleek spoiler that seems to go with the design of the car. I normally don't like spoilers but I do want this one. The high cost to import it made me rethink. :sad:
If the Insight was as popular as the Prius, I would import it from Japan, make a mold, make copies of the spoiler and sell it..

·
Registered
33 Posts
The US OEM spoiler accessory offered in the US is different from the one available in Japan (JDM). The US spoiler has a higher profile and other details.

Japanese Insight - spoiler

US Insight - spoiler
Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got real, real close to buying the JDM spoiler for my Insight. Set up everything through these guys... The price was a little bit higher than I expected, but not too bad. What slammed the door in my face for now, was the shipping. They wanted $300 for shipping and no matter how pretty it was, I can not justify it at this point. Especially since if I had been the one shipping I would have gotten a 75% discount.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,907 Posts
I got real, real close to buying the JDM spoiler for my Insight. Set up everything through these guys... The price was a little bit higher than I expected, but not too bad. What slammed the door in my face for now, was the shipping. They wanted $300 for shipping and no matter how pretty it was, I can not justify it at this point. Especially since if I had been the one shipping I would have gotten a 75% discount.
Probably cheaper to ask someone to sneak one out of the Indiana plant. 😅

·
Administrator
4,709 Posts
Interesting option... looks like Nengun offers the JDM spoiler in only Platinum White (71700-TXN-J11ZH) or Black (71700-TXN-J11ZD) for ~$400 at current exchange rate. The shipping has come 'down' to ~$200 to the southeast US via FedEx Economy 7 Day. But $600 total is still pretty pricy...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Probably cheaper to ask someone to sneak one out of the Indiana plant. 😅
The US and Japan spoilers are different.

Interesting option... looks like Nengun offers the JDM spoiler in only Platinum White (71700-TXN-J11ZH) or Black (71700-TXN-J11ZD) for ~$400 at current exchange rate. The shipping has come 'down' to ~$200 to the southeast US via FedEx Economy 7 Day. But $600 total is still pretty pricy...
That got set up because I asked for white, guess someone else asked for black after. If you e-mail them nicely I am sure they can get any JDM color, just remember that there are some differences between the US colors and Japanese.

·
Administrator
4,709 Posts

·
Administrator
4,709 Posts
That got set up because I asked for white, guess someone else asked for black after. If you e-mail them nicely I am sure they can get any JDM color, just remember that there are some differences between the US colors and Japanese.
Oh, wow... did they not list the JDM spoiler at all before you asked? If so, makes for an interesting connection for any/other JDM parts... because it seems like they'll research and add to their site upon request.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Oh, wow... did they not list the JDM spoiler at all before you asked? If so, makes for an interesting connection for any/other JDM parts... because it seems like they'll research and add to their site upon request.
No, I went through a bunch of import companies and they were the only ones that actually replied. And yes, that is what they do. I could not find a parts catalog for the Japanese version to even find out the part number for the spoiler, so they contacted Honda and did all the leg work. Makes me feel like a bit of a jerk not buying it yet. It took them a week or so of research, but like I said, if you ask nicely, I am sure they will find whatever you are looking for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts