Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insight sales for October 2020 were down -15% versus year ago (Oct 2019) and cumulatively are down -33% versus this time last year.

However overall "electrified" sales are up +72% versus year ago (Oct 2019) and are 'only' down -4% versus this time last year. This year's CR-V Hybrid launch is definitely bolstering electrified sales.

https://hondanews.com/en-US/release...-american-honda-reports-october-sales-results

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,457 Posts
Anyone else view the Gen 3 Insight as a collectable after a couple years of sales numbers being published? Deep down, I feel the Insight will be rolled into the Civic platform.. Each Insight generation has lasted about five years. I have no problem seeing the current Insight being absorbed by the new Civic. It should be pretty simple - most of the current platform already crosses over. I'll miss the name and uniqueness though.

·
Administrator
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree with your thoughts. The Insight seems just a half step away from being considered a Civic. If the Insight gets rolled into the Civic, parts and technology knowledge/longevity is what I hope we see benefit from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts