Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - every Honda I've owned has been delivered to me with 12 miles on it, and I've purchased from different dealers/states over time. It's been explained to me as standard pre-testing done at Honda before delivery. My Insight was newly produced and fresh from the trailer (not yet on lot). I expected it to have 0 miles but it again had 12 miles upon delivery. Net, when looking at Honda's, I back out 10-12 miles from a new car's odometer to tell how many actual driven miles it has on it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
FYI - every Honda I've owned has been delivered to me with 12 miles on it, and I've purchased from different dealers/states over time. It's been explained to me as standard pre-testing done at Honda before delivery. My Insight was newly produced and fresh from the trailer (not yet on lot). I expected it to have 0 miles but it again had 12 miles upon delivery. Net, when looking at Honda's, I back out 10-12 miles from a new car's odometer to tell how many actual driven miles it has on it.
My car didn’t get the pre-testing then as it had 4 miles officially. And then another 4 was put on by the salesman. So, 8 when I left the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,774 Posts
My car didn’t get the pre-testing then as it had 4 miles officially. And then another 4 was put on by the salesman. So, 8 when I left the dealer.
Did you get the Insight PDI(pre-delivery inspection) booklet? I have attached some photos of mine below.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did you get the Insight PDI(pre-delivery inspection) booklet? I have attached some photos of mine below.
Nope, never seen that booklet. I wouldn't think that would be given to the customer normally.

·
Administrator
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, never seen that booklet. I wouldn't think that would be given to the customer normally.
Check glovebox. Mine was packed in plastic bag, placed alongside the Owners Guide in glovebox. If it's not there, dealer also is required to keep a hard copy of the document in your purchase records and you can request it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
All cars have about 2-3 miles from factory test, and then a few more from PDI(Pre Delivery Inspection) which is performed when the car first arrives at the dealership. I use to sell cars

·
Administrator
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you get the insight pdi(pre-delivery inspection) booklet? I have attached some photos of mine below.
nope, never seen that booklet. I wouldn't think that would be given to the customer normally.
If the checklist doesn't show up in your glovebox from dealer, I saw that the PDI is available for order ($35) on the Helm site (where physical copies of documents can be ordered). However, since this is a dealer delivery checklist (and since you just paid $25k+ for a car), it seems worth checking with dealer for a copy.

2019 Insight PDI Checklist - Helm Incorporated

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I picked up my Insight back in March of 2019 it had 32 km on it. They got it in a dealer swap. Fast forward to September 2020 ( 18 months) and I just turned 4700 km (2920 miles)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine reads 10 KM on the documentation but I know that It had about 30 KM when I picked it up. It still had the plastic wrap from the delivery trailer on it when I drove it as a demonstrator but on the delivery date the odometer reading had increased; I am assuming that the technical people drove it around a bit when they did the final dealership prep.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I got the dealer checklist with mine. But it had 99 miles on it--it had been used for test drives is what my salesperson told me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2020 had 708 miles!! Seems the sales manager "drove it for two days"..Whatever. It had been on the lot for 11 months, so I can excuse a few miles...but not 700! I was able to leverage this to my advantage when we "renegotiated" the price. I had negotiated the OTD price 4 days prior to driving 2 hours to the stealership. I never asked about mileage, they never offered it up, and the online pics only had stock photos of the dash, ODO.
Needless to say, I was quite upset with the mileage and they knew it. Overall, a horrible dealer experience, with the normal stuff, back and forth with sales, finance and the hard extended warranty upsale. Only good news was a final OTD price of$26,000 flat.
Now to enjoy the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I forget exactly how many mine has, but it was something like 20-30 miles.

it’s completely normal for new cars to have miles on them. I’d say anything under 100 miles is completely fine. Even above that is normal although you’d be approaching a little discomfort for me.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,774 Posts
My 2020 had 708 miles!! Seems the sales manager "drove it for two days"..Whatever. It had been on the lot for 11 months, so I can excuse a few miles...but not 700!
I would look at your monroney sticker to see which dealership owned it originally. Could've been a swap at more than one dealership before your current dealership got it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts