Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was impressed with the speed in which my dealer was able to acquire the all weather floor mats and rear spoiler. We bought the car on a Saturday. Parts were ordered Monday, in stock on Wednesday, and installed on Friday. Considering it took my insurance company a week to get the car in their system, the speed of getting these parts was impressive.

All weather floor mats fit perfectly! Highly suggested if you live where there is weather (Seattle area here)

Spoiler looks fantastic! It has a brake light integrated into it and it really sets off the look of the car! I will say, the pictures in the website do not really show the spoiler in its proper detail. It has black "wings" on the ends. Would really look good on White Orchid Pearl cars. Not super noticeable on Cosmic Blue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have pictures of the spoiler on your car? My Touring's in the Orchid White Pearl and I've been on the fence about whether it'd look good or not.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have pictures of the spoiler on your car? My Touring's in the Orchid White Pearl and I've been on the fence about whether it'd look good or not.
See attached. I went to the Honda sight and built one in your color and took some screen shots as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks awesome. I’m thinking about getting one now. Probably a dumb question but does it impact rear view mirror visibility any? Can you get a photo of that view maybe?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anybody installed the Front Bumper Accents either in chrome or black? They install over the fog lights... but want to hear from someone who has installed them.

Also has anyone put on the genuine OEM Mud Flaps?

I am definitely *in* for the brushed stainless rear bumper guard. Having the model name prominent doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks awesome. I’m thinking about getting one now. Probably a dumb question but does it impact rear view mirror visibility any? Can you get a photo of that view maybe?
Not a dumb question at all. I can't get a good picture but it does take up a bit of space n the rear view. Not a terrible amount, but enough to know wit's there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can someone link me to where to find these spoiler parts? I didn't know they already had aftermarket parts for the insight

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also has anyone put on the genuine OEM Mud Flaps?
My dealer installed them on mine as they do for all their cars. They are pretty nice. I have a white EX. Idk if you can see them in this picture. If not I can take a better one later.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not a dumb question at all. I can't get a good picture but it does take up a bit of space n the rear view. Not a terrible amount, but enough to know wit's there.
Thanks. I figured it would be the case no worries. I know the break light blocks some rearview already as is but a spoiler would look so cool! I’m debating between adding the spoiler or fog lights to my EX. Decisions decisions ... aesthetics vs a more practical/useful add-on.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My dealer installed them on mine as they do for all their cars. They are pretty nice. I have a white EX. Idk if you can see them in this picture. If not I can take a better one later.
I saw a Civic at the grocery store the other day that had the splash guards installed. Honestly, I'd go without. There are definitely seams between the chassis and the splash guard on the side and on top. When they coat the roads with salt in the winter like they will here, you'll never get it out of there...

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am definitely *in* for the brushed stainless rear bumper guard. Having the model name prominent doesn't bother me.
I ordered one from Bernardi and ended up returning it. It does not work on lunar silver. The stainless doesn't quite match, and it isn't contrasty enough to be its own thing. The photo at Honda's site makes the "Insight" stripe look black, but in real life it is just gray. The light gray perimeter is also cheap looking.

Here's photos of mine. I left it in the plastic so I could return it, but you'll get the idea anyway. It was overcast that day.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,061 Posts
I saw a Civic at the grocery store the other day that had the splash guards installed. Honestly, I'd go without. There are definitely seams between the chassis and the splash guard on the side and on top. When they coat the roads with salt in the winter like they will here, you'll never get it out of there...
I installed splash guards on both my Insight and my wife's Civic. There are only 3-4 screws holding them on. I wouldn't mind removing them in the spring for a good cleaning underneath. I can't tell you how much they have saved the sinish fron road debris and tar in the first couple months we've had them. If done right, there shouldn't be a gap.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the side bar mouldings to protect against door dings, and the locking lug nuts are on my list too! (I've had them on my Element and think they're great)!

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the side bar mouldings to protect against door dings, and the locking lug nuts are on my list too! (I've had them on my Element and think they're great)!
Be sure to check out an actual install of the body side moldings before ordering or attaching. The OEM ones for the Insight are very flat, and end up being more decorative than protective.

I added them by 'default' since my older cars had them, but their current design will do very little to protect against door dings. I posted some pictures in the following thread. - www.gen3insight.com/threads/body-side-moulding.2144/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts