Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

OEM Blind Spot Monitor as upgrade to 2019/2020?

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  bballjon87 
#1 ·
Blind spot monitoring will now be standard (replacing right-side only LaneWatch) on 2021 Insight EX and Touring trims. Gotta say I'm kinda excited for a possible OEM retrofit option for 2019/2020 Insights...

#2 ·
Blind spot monitoring will now be standard (replacing right-side only LaneWatch) on 2021 Insight EX and Touring trims. Gotta say I'm kinda excited for a possible OEM retrofit option for 2019/2020 Insights...
Probably possible but I'm wondering if getting the car to not show a blank screen when you hit the right turn signal after the mirror change will be a problem. Programming seems to be the biggest issue with Honda, and they aren't very customer friendly when it comes to sharing how to overcome these issues.

#3 ·
Probably possible but I'm wondering if getting the car to not show a blank screen when you hit the right turn signal after the mirror change will be a problem. Programming seems to be the biggest issue with Honda, and they aren't very customer friendly when it comes to sharing how to overcome these issues.
Currently, you can turn off the lane watch camera in the settings and the screen doesn't change at all. I turned mine off because it was constantly interfering with android auto.

#6 ·
To clarify, the blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert are the same system/technology, using sensors in rear quarter panel.

The 2021 Insight definitely has this system installed (instead of LaneWatch on 2019/2020 models), but as of now, OEM part sites aren't listing any parts for 2021 models yet. In the meantime, perhaps a dealer service counter can provide info on the part number(s) and availability for order.

#8 ·
I agree.. it would be very difficult to integrate into a 19/20 insight (if at all possible). Probably better off getting aftermarket BSM.

I really want to see someone do an in-depth review of the new BSI. A close by Honda dealership has a 2021 but I’ve been too busy lately to test drive one. I asked a salesperson if they knew it was the same BSI found on the Accord and they couldn’t confirm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.