Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm interested in the door panel protectors that @mgldan installed (https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/3126-post19.html). Any issues with the adhesive, installation, or dust/water buildup behind the protectors once they were installed?
No, they've been great. They're right where I left them, and they sit flush against the door. I took a quick glance when I got out of the car this morning and saw no visible gaps. Would've photographed it but it's raining.

I would say that 50-60% of the surface area between the panel protector and the door is covered with a thick adhesive strip. To install, I just held both hands against either side of the panel for about 2 minutes.

The instructions do advise you to install the panel protectors at an outside temp of at least 60 degrees. I'm sure this is for the adhesive to be able to stick properly. It may be too cold now to install them if you don't have a garage.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Latest "upgrade"...door panel protectors. Simple to install. Only tip would be to make sure the front door panels are not placed too far towards the outside of the door (away from the hinge of the door) or else they may overlap the edge of the door panel some. Better to have those a touch closer to the speaker to ensure they don't overlap the edge of the door panel (pictures still show the protective plastic film on the panel protectors). Also, make sure the ambient temperature is around 60 degrees F, or else the adhesive may not stick properly to the doors.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts