Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll tell you that I did have my dealer (Crest Honda in Nashville, TN) install the welcome lights under the car. Don’t know if they were worth the $500 after the fact, but I will tell you that after looking at the installation pdf for them I said to **** with it I’m not tearing all of THAT apart. The labor was as much if not more than the cost of the part, but is worth mentioning that there’s at least 2-3 hours of labor involved.

They turn on and dim off with the interior lights and do really set it apart in the parking lot at night.

I can take some pics tonight if anyone wants to see them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ll tell you that I did have my dealer (Crest Honda in Nashville, TN) install the welcome lights under the car. Don’t know if they were worth the $500 after the fact, but I will tell you that after looking at the installation pdf for them I said to **** with it I’m not tearing all of THAT apart. The labor was as much if not more than the cost of the part, but is worth mentioning that there’s at least 2-3 hours of labor involved.

They turn on and dim off with the interior lights and do really set it apart in the parking lot at night.

I can take some pics tonight if anyone wants to see them.
Attached are those photos of the Welcome Lights

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hasarad, is the spare tire kit one of those compact spares? Or, can one fit a full-size spare in the Insight well?

Derek, great photos! Those welcome lights are spiffy! (Advanced, technical term!...

Do they come on when you approach the vehicle or are they always on?

We don't do much night time parking, but if we did, those would be a pretty cool addition!
Spiffy’s a good word to use! My dad said they’re neat while my 8 year old said they’re sick. I just call em pricey insurance for that one puddle I’m sure to find one day.

The Welcome Lights turn on whenever the interior lights are on. So whenever you unlock the doors with the remote or put your hand behind the door handle they’ll come on with the lights inside. They dim with the interior lights as well. That’s the one thing everybody comments on when walking up to the car at night.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I recall seeing this lighting theme on "VIP Style" cars, always liked it but some people overdo them or install kits that don't look OEM enough.
Only thing I would change if it were up to me is to have more subtle lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts