Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Is there a Optima YELLOW TOP battery that will fit a 2019 INSIGHT and 2022 Accord Hybrid Sport?

If not, what is equipment?
I'm planning on upgrading the stock stereo to full blown Subwoofer Audio 500 watts BASS, plus 400watts for HIGHS and Mids..

What upgraded battery do you recommend?

· Registered
137 Posts
I haven't seen any third-party batteries for the Insight. It has an odd form factor and the location, accessed from the left side of the passenger footwell, is designed to fit its dimensions.

As you may know, it's a small AGM battery. It has fewer CCA than my riding mower's battery!

You can find threads about the battery on the forum with the search function.

· Registered
533 Posts
Hello.
Is there a Optima YELLOW TOP battery that will fit a 2019 INSIGHT and 2022 Accord Hybrid Sport?

If not, what is equipment?
I'm planning on upgrading the stock stereo to full blown Subwoofer Audio 500 watts BASS, plus 400watts for HIGHS and Mids..

What upgraded battery do you recommend?
The battery is not the limiting factor on powering a sound system.. There is a DC-DC converter that provides charging to the battery and "13.8+v" to the rest of the system while the car is turned on. If you overload this converter, you risk a very expensive repair.. I am not certain of the output/sustained output that this system can take but I would def look into it if I were you.

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The battery is not the limiting factor on powering a sound system.. There is a DC-DC converter that provides charging to the battery and "13.8+v" to the rest of the system while the car is turned on. If you overload this converter, you risk a very expensive repair.. I am not certain of the output/sustained output that this system can take but I would def look into it if I were you.
I just acquired a 2022 Accord Hybrid Sport (1.5L).
Is this the same DC-DC converter?

Crutchfield is more cautious, they have this for Hybrid caution.

Can you tell me if this is true?

I'm planning on having ProAudio shop do the install.

JL Audio 10" W6 in factory HO (JL Audio HO110-W6v3 high out) box.
JL Audio VX1000i 5ch Amplifier.
JL Audio Fix86 module.
JL Audio DRC-205 to adjust BASS-control knob.

Morel Maximo Ultra 602 2-way Components to replace front speakers.
Morel Maximo Ultra Coaxial to replace rear deck speakers for rear fill sound.

I'm also having them DYNAMAT the whole Trunk, Trunk lid, and Rear Deck Lid.
I don't want any rattles (minimized rattles).

I'm keeping stock alternator and battery (500 CCA).

Attachments

· Registered
2021 Honda Insight EX - Platinum White Pearl
85 Posts
Yes, the Insight uses a similar DC-DC converter to the Accord Hybrid, and I would trust the Crutchfield cautions. The JL Audio VX1000i 5ch Amplifier is rated at 1000W, well above the 350W limit Crutchfield recommends for a Honda hybrid. Whatever happened to your plans to just add a powered subwoofer in this thread? Stereo Upgrade - JL Audio 10" self powered...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts