Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Insight last week and I love it so far. One question I have with Android Auto/Carplay. Is there an easy way to pause the audio without having to navigate around?

I often listen to audio books or podcasts, and need to pause at some points and I hate needing to reach over and pause with the screen.

I wish the steering wheel had a play/pause option with the scroll wheel/click

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
I just got my Insight last week and I love it so far. One question I have with Android Auto/Carplay. Is there an easy way to pause the audio without having to navigate around?
The touchscreen is the main way to pause. Marginally more convenient (?) is pushing the audio/volume on/off knob; it's not on the steering wheel, but the size and position of the knob makes it easier to find and use by touch.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts

I often listen to audio books or podcasts, and need to pause at some points and I hate needing to reach over and pause with the screen.

I wish the steering wheel had a play/pause option with the scroll wheel/click
You can ask siri or google assistant to pause, too.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
You can ask siri or google assistant to pause, too.
Does that work consistently for you? I haven't tried since I read on CivicX forum that the pause wasn't working thru Siri; supposedly audio restarts once Siri clears from the screen/menu rather than truly pausing...?

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
Does that work consistently for you? I haven't tried since I read on CivicX forum that the pause wasn't working thru Siri; supposedly audio restarts once Siri clears from the screen/menu rather than truly pausing...?
I have been listening to siriusXM but I just tried it earlier today with Spotify. Siri paused the music when requested and the audio didn't restart once Siri went away(tested it multiple times asking Siri to pause and resume).

I also found the phrase needed to use Siri with Waze/Google Maps. I have to say "Navigate to (address) in Waze or Google Maps" for Siri to understand to use Waze or Google Maps. It worked in Google Maps but Waze crashed once Siri launches the app(most likely a bug with iOS 13/CarPlay).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Activating Siri or Google Assistant

Speaking of CarPlay, I assume there is no way to get the steering wheel voice button to recognize the Apple Phone when I have it plugged in? When I press the button to speak a person's name, it tells me no name found. I have to use the CarPlay Phone button, then CarPlay asks who I want to call. I'm assuming that's the way it works?

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
Speaking of CarPlay, I assume there is no way to get the steering wheel voice button to recognize the Apple Phone when I have it plugged in? When I press the button to speak a person's name, it tells me no name found. I have to use the CarPlay Phone button, then CarPlay asks who I want to call. I'm assuming that's the way it works?
I have no problems asking Siri to call someone by name or number using the steering wheel. Did you hold the voice assist button long enough to activate Siri instead of Honda's own in car voice assistant?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have no problems asking Siri to call someone by name or number using the steering wheel. Did you hold the voice assist button long enough to activate Siri instead of Honda's own in car voice assistant?
OH. Um, No I guess? I really should read the owners manual before I show my stupidity..:grin:

Learned something new today!

Thanks!

Doogie

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
OH. Um, No I guess? I really should read the owners manual before I show my stupidity..:grin:

Learned something new today!

Thanks!

Doogie
You can confirm if Siri is activated by looking at your display audio tablet. Siri will take up your whole screen waiting for your command.

·
Registered
49 Posts
play/pause

Unless I'm mistaken, there's no way to play/pause audio from the steering wheel controls. Is that right? If so, how can that be?

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, there's no way to play/pause audio from the steering wheel controls. Is that right? If so, how can that be?
Added your question to existing thread, so you can see/review prior posts. Options to pause include touchscreen, volume knob (power off), and Siri/Google Assistant.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So you have answered my question: there is no way to play/pause audio from the steering wheel controls (unless you count invoking Siri/Google Assistant). Unbelievable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts