Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always drive in eco mode and I always set the brake hold when driving so the vehicle does not creep when stopped for a light. When I finish a drive and press the stop button, sometimes the parking brake button shows red meaning the brake is on. When I begin another trip I need to press the parking brake button to disengage it. Nearly just as often when I finish a drive and press the stop button, the parking brake does not engage and it is not on when I restart the vehicle. I realize this is a minor thing, but there must be some reason why the parking brake is engaging at the end of some trips but not at the end of other trips. Can anyone tell me why I experience this inconsistency?

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
My first guess is that it's caused by a difference of whether or not your seatbelt is still fastened when you push the power button...

Here are a few cases listed in the Owners Manual (p537) on when the parking brake will automatically turn on:
• When the vehicle stops more than 10 minutes while ACC with LSF is activated.
• When the driver’s seat belt is unfastened while your vehicle is stopped automatically by ACC with LSF.
• When the power system is turned off while ACC with LSF is activated.
• When the vehicle stops with the automatic brake hold system activated for more than 10 minutes.
• When the driver’s seat belt is unfastened while your vehicle is stopped and the automatic brake hold is applied.
• When the power system is turned off while the automatic brake hold is applied.
• When there is a problem with the automatic brake hold system while brake hold is applied.

Also from p541, the system automatically cancels and the parking brake is applied when:
• Braking is kept for more than 10 minutes.
• The driver’s seat belt is unfastened.
• The power system is turned off.
• Brake Hold System Problem. Apply Brake When Stopped. See Your Dealer. appears on the driver information interface.
• There is a problem with automatic brake hold system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts