Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the past couple of weeks I've noticed that the heated seat button on the passenger side is turned on when I get into my car at the end of the day. No one sits on that side for it to be turned on and it's hot as hell right now for it to be turned on lol... As of right now I haven't noticed me hitting it by accident turning it on. I believe I have a ghost in my ride lol... For some background info I have a 2020 Touring model that I purchased back in February. I did a search and couldn't find anyone else complaining about this issue. Anyone else out there seen this issue?

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
You're right that no one else in forum has mentioned this phantom heated seat issue yet. In theory, the previous setting when the car is powered off, should be restored when the car is powered back on (OM19/20, pg 223). And the Insight doesn't get front ventilated seats like the Accord, so definitely no reason to run them in the heat!

Some questions that come to mind:
  • Does this only happen on passenger side?
  • Does the seat actually/physically get hot?
  • Does the lighted level of the seat heater setting change (cycle) in the times you've noticed the light on?
  • How long has this been occurring? Could it have been going for a while but just noticed now?
  • Do you run your climate control on Auto or Sync or do you manually adjust the settings? (The vent mode/position and Sync buttons are on the same side as the passenger seat heater button.)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right that no one else in forum has mentioned this phantom heated seat issue yet. In theory, the previous setting when the car is powered off, should be restored when the car is powered back on (OM19/20, pg 223). And the Insight doesn't get front ventilated seats like the Accord, so definitely no reason to run them in the heat!
View attachment 5562
Some questions that come to mind:
  • Does this only happen on passenger side?
  • Does the seat actually/physically get hot?
  • Does the lighted level of the seat heater setting change (cycle) in the times you've noticed the light on?
  • How long has this been occurring? Could it have been going for a while but just noticed now?
  • Do you run your climate control on Auto or Sync or do you manually adjust the settings? (The vent mode/position and Sync buttons are on the same side as the passenger seat heater button.)
To answer your first question, yes it only happens in the passenger seat from what I have noticed.

Second question I'm not sure if it actually gets hot because usually before I start my drive I kind of notice things that seem out of place, which would be the heated seats in for no reason since no one usually sits over there.

For the cycling question, I've only noticed it on high heat (level 3) so far and haven't noticed it cycling through the different levels yet.

I've had the car since February and only started noticing it with the last month. So, like maybe the end of last month until now.

For the last question I leave my AC on auto / sync and only adjust the temp from 70 to 80 in the morning to help clear out the outside condensation on the front windshield and then turn it back to 70. So, in the morning I adjust from the middle and feet vents to the windshield vent and then back to the Auto / Sync.

I really appreciate the questions and hopefully it goes away eventually lol...

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Second question I'm not sure if it actually gets hot because usually before I start my drive I kind of notice things that seem out of place, which would be the heated seats in for no reason since no one usually sits over there.

For the cycling question, I've only noticed it on high heat (level 3) so far and haven't noticed it cycling through the different levels yet.
[...]
For the last question I leave my AC on auto / sync and only adjust the temp from 70 to 80 in the morning to help clear out the outside condensation on the front windshield and then turn it back to 70. So, in the morning I adjust from the middle and feet vents to the windshield vent and then back to the Auto / Sync.
It sounds like when you enter the car and see the button lit, you turn it off. Also interesting that it gets lit to level 3, which is the first/starting point when the button is pressed (versus cycling thru levels).

Some things to test/check might be the 'opposite' of what you've done so far, to see if there's any different result:
  • Leave the button on/lit for the drive, rather than turning it off.
    • Does it stay on/lit on the next drive when the car is powered back on?
    • Does the lighted level change?
    • Does the seat actually get hot?
  • On a different drive, don't adjust any of the climate or vent settings during/between drives but turn off the seat heater if it lights up.
    • Does this 'off' setting stay on next drive?
    • (It's kind of a stretch, but I'm wondering if changing the vent position is turning on defrost and/or seat heater?)
  • On a different drive, try manual climate control (versus auto/sync).
    • (Could the auto setting be interfering with seat heater controls?)
If all else fails, it's worth reporting issue to dealer and having them check it out. You'll have some test conditions and observations to report to them. And even moreso important to report if the light is on but the seat doesn't get hot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts