Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my car yesterday, and I got three separate messages -- two telling me that my brake system needs immediate inspection by the dealer and one telling me that the spare tire pressure is low. However, I have no spare in this car. I took the car to the dealer, and they found no problems. Anyone else?

·
Administrator
4,247 Posts
Have you driven your car for a while, or did you just pick it up new? Either way, it's worth a trip to the dealer.

The errors sound like an issue with one of the tires and/or the ABS/VSA sensors. The G3 Insight uses "indirect" sensors from the ABS/VSA system to monitor tire status for rotation and resonance. Since you're getting BOTH brake and tire messages, it sounds like the sensors themselves might be having an issue.

Could you share snapshots of the messages so we know what you're seeing and/or what we might see if this happens to one of us in future? I'm surprised by the mention of spare tire pressure, as the manual suggests it will only mention "check tire pressure" rather than mentioning "spare" itself (see attachment).

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don’t think there is any way for it to monitor a spare tire pressure even if you did have one. Are you sure that was the message?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I started my car yesterday, and I got three separate messages -- two telling me that my brake system needs immediate inspection by the dealer and one telling me that the spare tire pressure is low. However, I have no spare in this car. I took the car to the dealer, and they found no problems. Anyone else?
If you claw your way through these menu's (https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/290-honda-insight-user-interface/422-look-what-i-discovered-service-menu.html#post2272), there is a screen that will display a log of all the errors. Maybe you could find the spare tire error in there and post a snap shot.

I wonder if the Insight has a TPMS transponder just in case. What could it cost? Although we didn't get a wireless charger either. Just wondering if its possible and not implemented. If you run an Insight VIN on NHSTA https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder/
it will tell you it has a DIRECT TPMS system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts