Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a galaxy s10+ android phone. After pairing to the insight over bluetooth (not android auto) sometimes when I make an outgoing call via the steering wheel call button and using my voice to say a phone contact that I want to call it doesn't fully work.

What occurs is the phone call actually goes out, but I cannot hear the ringing sound, but I do see the other party answer on my screen. (I've confirmed with them later that they did receive a call from me). At this point neither of us can hear each other unless I then press 'handheld' to switch the call to my phone and which we can talk over just the phone (not car). Subsequently, I can then press 'car' on the car's screen and we can finally talk through the car's speakers/mic.

Getting incoming calls works just fine.

I've tried re-pairing multiple times, turning both car and phone off, etc. Usually after repairing it will work correctly one time where I hear the ringing, they answer, and we can hear each other via the car without me having to press buttons (this occurs on the first try), but subsequent tries it doesn't work anymore again, even if I call the same person. Strangely enough it's worked everytime if I try to call my wife, but any other person I try to call it doesn't work.

I'm not sure if this is a phone issue or car issue....has anybody heard of this before? It's so strange that it doesn't default to car OR handheld when the call goes out.

My friend asked me if I had any other bluetooth speaker devices connected to my phone which may be grabbing the audio first, before I switch to my phone, and then finally my car, but that isn't the case. The only other bluetooth device I have connected to my phone is a fitbit watch that I cannot make phone calls over.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts