Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Moto G5s+ phone. When I first Bluetooth paired with car my contact list became available (I think I was asked for permission to import it).
Recently I had to factory reset my phone (battery life had plunged from 2 days to 10 hours, apparently due to some update); good news - after reset my battery life is now more than 3 days!

But the question here is how to get my contact list back in the car. When I paired the phone again, I discovered that the car no longer has my contact list and I can't find a way to import it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Try going into the phone settings screen on the car and check if Auto Sync Phone is turned on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out. The Moto G5s+ asked me about sync'ing contacts when I first paired it almost a year ago and another time when I re-paired it. But this time it did not. In the Moto BT connection for HandFreeLink there were two options that were both enabled: Phone and Audio. Nothing else. It turned out that this was actually a scrolling dialog box - not obvious! When I scrolled it, there was Contacts and they were not enabled. I enabled it, then turned sync off and on. Lo and behold, Contacts are imported to car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts