Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking into buying a new Insight Touring and i figured I would check out the forum see how active everyone is. Currently I own a 2013 Civic SI and a 2015 F-150 but will be trading in the civic if I make the switch, girlfriend cant drive stick and it just feels like the best move as our relationship moves to the next step. Any tips I need to know or look for either at the dealer or reoccurring issues after buying the car would be great. I have went through a few posts and people seem to love the car which gives me hope.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Howdy! So when I first started looking at replacing my 2013 Ford Focus I had lots of questions. I tried to find answers relating to the insight via three other Honda related forums with no luck. When I finally found this forum, I posted my list of questions and to my surprise - they were all answered in about an hour. Not only that, the mod that answered had tons of great links to information about questions I had in my post. The mods here are great and have tons of great info.

The insight is a hybrid and thus you need to learn how to drive it. It's a little different from a normal car, but you learn quickly. I've had mine for about 2500miles right now and love it. My wife had me take out the trash today and I was able to do it all in EV mode which is awesome. Most drives I can get way over 60 mpg...but I have the EX and I know the touring is a little lower. But either way, you'll make out a lot better the the Civic and F-150.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information. My mother has a cr-z so I am know how the system works a bit but I'm sure there will still be a little learning curve especially coming from the SI.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
You can read about our complaints in this forum. https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/282-2019-honda-insight-complaints-issues-problems/

Most of our common complaints have to do with cosmetics like alignment/gaps, the eco-friendly paint can scratch easily(pretty much applies to most modern cars now), and some interior trim pieces popping out. It varies depending on the car you get and how OCD you are about these things. :p The other stuff are engine noise, seat comfort, and the lack of a digital speedometer.

No new recall for almost a year and no widely known issue have been reported with the car. So yeah the car has been reliable so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thank you. I have one dealer near me with a 2020 in white. Curious if those minor issues carry over to the second year Insights

·
Super Moderator
3,305 Posts
I am looking into buying a new Insight Touring and i figured I would check out the forum see how active everyone is. Currently I own a 2013 Civic SI and a 2015 F-150 but will be trading in the civic if I make the switch, girlfriend cant drive stick and it just feels like the best move as our relationship moves to the next step. Any tips I need to know or look for either at the dealer or reoccurring issues after buying the car would be great. I have went through a few posts and people seem to love the car which gives me hope.
When you read 'professional' reviews, you'll see the top complaint being engine drone. While you test drive, be sure to check this out for yourself to gauge how it sounds/feels to you. There are some recent tips offered in this thread that are worth reviewing - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/305-2019-honda-insight-likes-dislikes/438-horrible-engine-roar-6.html

Most of us owners find the engine drone tolerable, but it does depend on your local terrain (large hills) and the amount of highway driving that you do. So on that note, take into consideration that you'll see less-than-stated fuel efficiency at highway speeds >~70 mph and if your daily drives include a lot of hills. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/129-2019-honda-insight-versus-competition/2164-civic-owner-considering-future-insight-purchase.html

Feel free to ask additional questions within the forum as they come up. And if it helps, this is link to the "pre-buyer" question list which spiderpig referenced ;) - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/7-2019-honda-insight-general-discussion/2718-insight-questions-i-cant-seem-find-answers.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the tips. Road and engine noise shouldn't be a big deal to me coming from the civic but i will check it out for sure as i won't be the only one driving it

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
Awesome thank you. I have one dealer near me with a 2020 in white. Curious if those minor issues carry over to the second year Insights
Honda might have fixed some of the cosmetic stuff on the 2020. Haven't heard of any complaints from the few 2020 Insight owners here yet. Let us know what you think of the car once you get a chance to test drive it. :D

P.S. The 2020 Insight comes in a new white color called Platinum White. It's like the only change Honda did for the 2020 Insight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts