Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the Prius 4 and the Insight -- leaning heavily towards the Insight...

FYI, I called my insurance company and the Insight has a slightly lower premium than the Prius...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wranglers have been historically cheaper to insure than most other vehicles. Insurance cost is all about claims. So either they have fewer claims or are cheaper to repair. Or both.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's more expensive than my current car -- by over $200 a year -- but my current car is a 15 year old Lexus.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My Insight was $60 more to i sure than my ‘15 civic was. If I got the accord it would have been 40. Oh this is 6 month premium so basically $120 for Insight. Some say it’s becuae it’s a brand new car others because it’s a hybrid

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just compared Accord hybrid EX and Insight Touring to my Jeep. Insight goes up $10.75 month, Accord $13.80 per month. Lol, I’d save way more on first tank. I only drive about 200 miles at most before having to fill up again currently, not joking. It’s ridiculous. I sure would miss top down or windows out though. Reason I feel I need a moonroof if I do buy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reason I feel I need a moonroof if I do buy.
Yep, me too. I've always had a moon / sunroof. The moonroof and rain sensing windshield wipers (leather seats, too) pushed me to the Touring. People may think the rain sensing wipers is odd -- but I've had them for 15 years and really love them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts