Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my 2019 it sounds like there is a vibration in the engine and it happens at about 35-40 MPH, I will try to get a video of it doing on my way to and from work today and I live in ND and it's been extremely cold so I'm wondering if that's just the problem with all the snow in the undercarriage or is it something else.
Also my TPMS light came on and I checked my tires and they are inflated and it's remained on since the other day, I'm wondering if it's the same issue that ice and snow is in the undercarriage as well.

· Registered
121 Posts
Have you checked your lug nuts on the wheels? I am assumig that you have snow tires since you live in ND and would have mounted them at the start of winter. Something might be loose on the wheels that might be triggering the TPMS which senses a change in the previously calibrated relative speeds of the wheels. The published spec for torque settings is 80 foot pounds for your Insight.

· Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,349 Posts
You said your tires are inflated but when did you inflate them? Your tire pressure could drop depending on outside temps and whether you adjusted them on a hot or cold tire. After adjusting the tire inflation, you also need to reactivate tire calibration on the infotainment system.

2019 Honda Insight Touring, recommended PSi: 35 front/32 rear
Adjusting while tires are hot: Add 4 PSi from recommended and recheck when cold
For every 10 degree drop you'll see a 1PSi decrease

As for your vehicle vibration, it could be due to snow and ice inside your wheels. They can add weight to certain sections of your wheel and make your tire unbalanced.

· Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,851 Posts
@andrew28 is spot in with his advice.

If the vibration is speed-related, it's more than likely an ice/snow problem. As for the TPMS light, it won't go off until you adjust the pressures and do a calibration via vehicle settings in infotainment screen. Just be sure to do a calibration when you're about to take a lengthy drive. It takes about 30 minutes with varying speeds. On one occasion, I had to do it more than once to get it to complete successfully.

Honda How-To: Reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Light (dchparamushonda.com)

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts