Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a honest and thorough ~30,000 mile review recently on my Insight if you'd like to check it out.
Went over the Pro's and Con's others may have experienced or will be going through soon

·
Registered
551 Posts
Did a honest and thorough ~30,000 mile review recently on my Insight if you'd like to check it out.
Went over the Pro's and Con's others may have experienced or will be going through soon

This was a very good review. I love that you mentioned the fact the center console hard plastic can be tiring to your leg after long drives. I have meant to mention this forever, but always forgot.

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the same loose vent on the dash, except on the driver's side. Panel gaps and fitment are awful on mine too. I just really REALLY hope that the sloppiness is limited to cosmetic only, but time will tell.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Found this item to give some cushion for the right knee on long trips. It is available on amazon .com. Doesn't seem to be very much in demand but for $14.99 it may be worth trying it. Appears the main concern is the adhering capability in extended high heat.

https://truelineautomotive.com/products/true-line-automotive-black-soft-knee-side-cushion-pad-thigh-support-comfort-pillow
Awesome find. I think I'll order it and do a small review. Thanks for the info! 😁

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Found this item to give some cushion for the right knee on long trips. It is available on amazon .com. Doesn't seem to be very much in demand but for $14.99 it may be worth trying it. Appears the main concern is the adhering capability in extended high heat.

https://truelineautomotive.com/products/true-line-automotive-black-soft-knee-side-cushion-pad-thigh-support-comfort-pillow
Pardon my crassness, but at first glance the knee pad looks like a mouse wrist-rest that's been turned upside down with adhesive on backside...

·
Registered
551 Posts

Pardon my crassness, but at first glance the knee pad looks like a mouse wrist-rest that's been turned upside down with adhesive on backside...
Bet you a cool $20 that's probably what it is. 😆

·
Registered
125 Posts
Could be. Even if that is what it is, if it does a good job as a knee cushion, that's a good thing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah after driving almost ~30k miles, it gets tiring after awhile. High Engine rev noise as well is annoying after some time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Am I the only one getting a “this video is unavailable on this device” error when trying to play the review?? I’m using an IPad and other videos are working on YouTube just fine.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Am I the only one getting a “this video is unavailable on this device” error when trying to play the review?? I’m using an IPad and other videos are working on YouTube just fine.
The comments on youtube indicate it stopped being viewable a day or two ago. OP is hoping it's a youtube glitch that will self-resolve for this particular video.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Could be. Even if that is what it is, if it does a good job as a knee cushion, that's a good thing!
The only problem I foresee is that my knee rests right where the top and bottom plastic parts merge and that area makes a small v- shape which might make it a little more difficult to mount the pad.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The only problem I foresee is that my knee rests right where the top and bottom plastic parts merge and that area makes a small v- shape which might make it a little more difficult to mount the pad.
Yeah, I see. Maybe that is why we haven't seen any other Insight owners recommending this product. Also, only 5 people have reviewed the knee pad so it is obviously not a popular item,

·
Registered
125 Posts
Awesome find. I think I'll order it and do a small review. Thanks for the info! 😁
Finally decided to buy this knee cushion off Amazon for $14.99 plus tax. Ordered it this past Monday and just came in the mail today. On initial inspection quality appears to be good. As the description states, it is 7 in. x 3.2 in. There are 3 wide adhesive strips on the backside to attach to the side of the center console. Only has 7 reviews on Amazon and 2 of them were bad, stating adhesive does not hold up. Since the other 5 are good reviews and no mention of adhesion issues, I would almost bet the ones that are falling off may likely be due to the person having treated the console with ArmorAll or other silcone based product!

As was stated in another post, it does look like it could also be a wrist rest for a mouse. At first glance it also has the appearance of a leather eye glasses case.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,062 Posts
I don't get the need for the knee cushion. My knee never rests on the side of the console. What am I missing?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't get the need for the knee cushion. My knee never rests on the side of the console. What am I missing?
You probably are not missing anything!! It just happens to be the way some of us sit in the drivers seat and height may be a factor. I'm only 5"8" and I find my right knee is always resting hard on the center console of cars and on a long drive the pressure of the hard console surface hurts my knee.

Some of us are "special people"! (Don't read too much into that last statement)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts