Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring CosBlu
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed for the first time today that the "D" lettering on the push button shift is showing some wear. Probably gets more use than "P" and could be angle of use since park is up front where your finger might be straighter.

Of course this doesn't affect just Insights but a slew of Hondas that adopted push button shift. Going to have to cut some 3M film to drop on it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I’ve had this problem for a while since I’m high mileage.. didn’t bother fixing or replacing it but I did wonder if you can get individual buttons from dealer or have to buy entire panel.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,275 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
I’m thinking about replacing it since my Neutral button is worn out for some reason too. I’m also thinking about taking out the whole black plastic assembly around it and getting it painted gloss black at a body shop. That idea came from sitting inside a new Acura Integra and seeing that panel in gloss black, which looked really cool.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,275 Posts
No matter how nice gloss black looks when new I avoid it if at all possible. It's high maintenance to keep it like new due to easily showing scratches, fingerprints, and dust.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive design Gear shift Vehicle Steering part

That’s a good point.. I was looking at my current setup and amazingly there are no major or fine scratches I can detect.. just a little dirty since I haven’t washed it in a bit.. but it would blend in so nice to my current setup:

btw: that canister you see is pepper spray; I velcroed it to the side for protection in my rideshare rides, but luckily never had to use it.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,275 Posts
Going to have to cut some 3M film to drop on it.
There are also shift button covers if you want to take a look.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I was just looking at my steering wheel control buttons and noticed that none of them have faded. These buttons get used a lot more than the transmission buttons and I’m so glad theyre more durable because it would seem a lot more expensive to replace these buttons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts