Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easy peasy, and look great.

Have Weathertechs in the CR-V, would have gotten them for the Insight, but they don't have them yet.

The Tuxmats look a bit more elegant - appropriate style for the Insight.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also put in the Tuxmats and the Tuxmat cargo liner for the trunk. I really like them and agree that they look more elegant. I always have bought Weathertechs for all my vehicles in the past but I think the Tuxmats are just as good if not better. I find that the Weathertechs are harder to keep clean and after cleaning with their cleaning products they just don't look as good. I like that the Tuxmat has a rubber area on the floor around the gas pedal so hopefully it will wear better

·
Registered
47 Posts
They look great, Hows the fitment? I'm still rocking the stock carpet mats but they wont last long. Debating between aftermarket and getting the stock all weather mats.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The mats and cargo liner fit really good.The mats have the cutout for the back seat where the vent is and I like the fact that they are also higher on the sides and on the drivers mat it goes behind the pedals to cover that area and also the dead pedal is completely covered whereas the weathertechs don't do that. There are also some clips and velcro dots if you want to use them to keep any spots tighter. Given the choice of Tuxmat or Weathertech ( if they were available) I would go with the Tuxmat

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to add, I didn't get a cargo liner.
But the rear mats fit great - as 4Star mentions, the cutout for the vent is great, and there is a little flap for either side you tuck in under the seat cushion - makes for a great integrated look. The rear mat being one single piece, with the cutout and flaps makes it look as if it came with he car.

The front are great - I do wish the area to the right of the gas pedal was bit more snug to the walls, but the clips help with that. Could be that it got formed a bit out shape in the way it was in the shipping box. No issues on the passenger side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts