Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just had a quick question about the RDM feature on the insight. I’ve read videos and some other forums posts (non-insight) and I feel like I got the full picture but I just want to double check to make sure I understood it correctly.

Does RDM only work on the solid lines meaning the Center divider lines (all the way to the left) or the shoulder lines (all the way to the right)? It doesn’t detect the normal broken white lines separating slowest to fastest lanes? So let’s say it’s a 4 lane freeway, and I change from the slowest (most right lane) lane to the next lane over to the left without signaling, the system won’t activate? just wanted to make sure I understood the system correctly, cause my wife asked me why her steering wheel no longer vibrated when she changed lanes without signaling (not a habit of course, just happened once recently and no steering vibration or warning).

thanks for any input, would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
2021 Insight EX
116 Posts
Sounds like one of your settings may have changed. I found that when it's raining, RDM may fail to detect. But other than that, it always yells at me when I change lanes without signaling. Most often happens as I'm merging onto the freeway. Most often annoys me when I'm merging onto a freeway. There may be a correlation... 🙄

1 - 4 of 4 Posts