Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Insight EX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
So, I chose Honda because of their record as a reputable auto maker. I am looking to see if others have experienced the issue I am about to mention and what you did about it.

I have a 2022 Honda Insight exl
With about 5,000 miles so brand new.
Last week all these warning lights came on stating that safety features were not functioning and the dealer needed to be contacted.
I brought it in and was told that the radar was out of alignment and there was “no impact” but it was an “outside influence” anyway they fixed the car under warranty and about a few hours later the lights turned back on. The next day I brought it in again and they said they needed to replace the part for the radar. Days later the part came in and they fixed the issue….or so I thought. After driving about 80 miles the lights came back on. So, anyone else have this issue or what is going on? Any advice?

·
Registered
484 Posts
It could just be a bad install or calibration or both. I would call around to a few local Honda dealerships and ask them if they have successfully installed and calibrated the radar without issues on any cars. It seems like a problem that dealerships won’t get a lot of experience with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I read that but living in Southern California… no snow here….
if you're in san diego or close by, dch honda in mission valley had to recalibrate my front sensors after my 2019 touring collided with a truck tire tread while on the highway– knocking out the whole sensor unit (along with most of my left front bumper).
That was back in Sept 2021 and haven't had an issue with it since the work was done.

·
Registered
2021 Insight EX
64 Posts
Happened to me. Went straight to the car wash. Problem resolved. No snow on the ground, but the streets still had residual salt and it was misty out.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,685 Posts
Have Honda check the 12v battery health. That has been the cause of many gremlins and unexplained warning lights for several members.

Reactions: Lavash
1 - 7 of 7 Posts