Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an EX but noticed only the Touring has cup holders in the armrest, has anyone found a solution?

·
Super Moderator
4,085 Posts
Just bought an EX but noticed only the Touring has cup holders in the armrest, has anyone found a solution?
It looks possible to install the Touring rear center armrest, based on parts diagram, but it seems a bit pricy at $130 total:
Some aftermarket options look interesting. You could try and fail at ~8 of these before reaching the cost of the OEM version, though the trade-off is space. (Note: these aren't tested/measured/used on Insight yet, so double check specs):

...and out-of-the-box but maybe would work are cup holders designed for inflatable hot tubs, but instead attached to topside of rear fold down arm rest. There might be other options like these but with compression clips to attach to the arm rest:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Please keep in mind the armrest insightfully lists is the for the touring so it will probably fit but will be leather so it won't match completely. You might want to follow his other suggestions instead.

·
Super Moderator
4,085 Posts
Hey, SO... I originally responded based on the post saying only the Touring has cupholders in the rear armrest... (and a leather rear armrest would look pretty cool, or conversely would get covered up, per your other question on seat covers)...

BUT I did a double take and serious head-scratch after thinking about it... coz it occurred to me that my EX already has cupholders in the rear armrest, standard. When installing my rear seat covers (Civic OEM), the cutouts fit perfectly around the cupholder contours in the EX's rear armrest.

To check:
- Is your EX is missing cupholders in the rear armrest (manufacturer defect)?
- Or do you own an LX trim, which doesn't come with the rear armrest as a standard feature (rear seat upgrade)?

I'm kinda confused... :confused:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Was yours a 2019 or a 2020 Insight EX? Just curious if we all missed that change? If not, I'd bring it back to the dealership and ask them where your cupholders are, I know my EX has cupholders in the rear.

·
Super Moderator
4,085 Posts
What's interesting is that Honda equips some Civics with 60/40 splits, but not all of them have armrests. The exceptions I've seen are:

Civics with 60/40 Split but No Center Armrest
- 2019 Civic Sedan, SPORT trim
- 2019 Civic Coupe, ALL trims
- 2019 Civic Type R
- 2020 Civic Coupe, SI
- 2020 Civic Hatchback, LX trim

I'm kind of dying to know from OP what the rear seat and rear armrest in question look like... maybe a Civic Sport seat made its way into the Insight? Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's interesting is that Honda equips some Civics with 60/40 splits, but not all of them have armrests. The exceptions I've seen are:

Civics with 60/40 Split but No Center Armrest
- 2019 Civic Sedan, SPORT trim
- 2019 Civic Coupe, ALL trims
- 2019 Civic Type R
- 2020 Civic Coupe, SI
- 2020 Civic Hatchback, LX trim

I'm kind of dying to know from OP what the rear seat and rear armrest in question look like... maybe a Civic Sport seat made its way into the Insight? Inquiring minds want to know!
Basically I’m just blind and didn’t notice them back there😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts