Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
I measured seats of the 2018 Civic and 2019 Insight at my dealer, and decided they were VERY close (if not the same). I purchased the 2016-2019 Honda Civic OEM Rear Seat Covers (08P32-TBA-110 = 60/40 split) for my 2019 Honda Insight EX and installed a couple weeks ago. The Civic OEM covers are black and were a good match for my Insight's black interior.

I'd rate the fitment at 95%:
1 - The top "shoulders" of the Insight's seat-backs seem to be different (fatter?) making the covers difficult (but not impossible) to pull down fully.
2 - The velcro fasteners are perfectly placed except around the pulldown armrest, which didn't seem to have the right material for attachment. Reference Step #4 in installation instructions: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2019/4dr/rearseatcovers.pdf

HOWEVER, the construction and material for the Civic OEM seat covers is FANTASTIC which offsets these minor fitment issues, in my opinion. There is a rubbery-plastic underlining and neoprene-type top-lining, which keeps my seats water-resistant and well-protected.

The cover stays in place around the bottom cushion and does not block the rear battery vent, which was a concern of mine. In fact, the fasteners seemed tightest around the bottom cushion and I'm confident the covers won't be shifting unless I want them to!

Note that a "Civic" logo is imprinted in the OEM seat covers, but it's subtle to me because of the dark fabric and tone-on-tone effect. I think this "Civic" imprint is the main reason Honda doesn't suggest or manufacture these seat covers for the Insight, since we're only ~10% the market size of Civics.

Overall, I'm happy with the rear seat covers and would love if Honda also offered OEM covers for the front seats, to deliver a fully matching set!

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
There's not much to photograph; they're pretty much what you'd want/expect a a fitted OEM seat cover to look like. You'll need to feel the cover to know the quality you're getting. It's more durable & waterproof (stiffer, tighter weave, plastic backing) than regular cloth, and incredibly protective. The Civic logo blends in and is noticeable only when super sunny outside and/or I'm looking for it. I toss stuff in/on my backseat regularly and am still impressed DAILY by the durability. The cover is far better quality than cloth non-OEM seat covers I've owned in the past, and I haven't had to futz with it as it hasn't shifted at all since installation.

If you're seeing $250 price tag, you're paying too much (full retail) and need to shop around. I spent $185 including shipping (no sales tax) by comparing out-of-state Honda dealer's online parts stores. While the dealer parts counter gives you full price (plus upcharge), their 'same' online parts store provides discounts and other savings (and no sales tax if you're in a different state). I'll admit it still feels pricy since non-OEM vendors offer full front/rear sets around this price, but I honestly feel like I got amazing quality am a total fan of the OEM version. If you're quick, as of today there's at least one CivicX user selling their used/like-new rear seat cover in the 'members classified ads' section for $90 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
I recently came across a big selection of custom Insight seat covers from Coverking. I’m not endorsing them since I’ve never owned any, but they may be worth looking at.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
I recently came across a big selection of custom Insight seat covers from Coverking. I’m not endorsing them since I’ve never owned any, but they may be worth looking at.
Coverking manufactures the NeoSupreme line mentioned in this thread on alternatives to Scotchgard. Verdier had been waiting on Touring-specific version, and it looks like they've now added/included Touring trim to the fitment list.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ended up ordering the Civic rear seat covers for around 200 after shipping and tax compared to the 250 at my local dealer ship... Now I'm curious if they are going to put the 20$ front seat covers from Costco to shame! They aren't perfect but they do a good enough job for regular use!

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
I ended up ordering the Civic rear seat covers for around 200 after shipping and tax compared to the 250 at my local dealer ship... Now I'm curious if they are going to put the 20$ front seat covers from Costco to shame! They aren't perfect but they do a good enough job for regular use!
Was it the TypeS 'wetsuit' front seat covers that you have from Costco? I wanted those to work, but opted for front seat covers that protected the whole seatback instead.

Compared to the 'wetsuit' covers from Costco, you'll find the OEM rear seat cover material thicker/stiffer and long-wearing. The OEM seat covers are a little tricky to install because the material doesn't give, but in the end everything fits and fastens where it should and won't require adjustment once in place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey y'all it's me again... Sorry Ive been so busy I almost forgot to give a review of the OEM Civic rear seat covers installed!

The top half is very snug, just the way I like it! The bottom half however is a little loose around the back of the butt. I thought it would come undone or start slipping once I started Ubering but the Velcro that tucks in the crack has held on very effectively.

Definitely worth the $200 dollars and 20 minutes of installation!

PS I can post pictures upon request of anyone is still on the fence about this...

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
The velcro attachments on the bottom seat cover are perfectly placed, and the underside of the rear seat has a fuzzy texture that the velcro adheres to REALLY well. Don't think you'll have to adjust the seat cover at all. Hope you now see what I was describing about the material's quality and durability too; it's the best quality seat cover I've owned.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Coverking manufactures the NeoSupreme line mentioned in this thread on alternatives to Scotchgard. Verdier had been waiting on Touring-specific version, and it looks like they've now added/included Touring trim to the fitment list.
Yes but when you choose it it says for non electric seats so coverking still doesn't have a custom seat cover for the touring model. All you ex drivers are in luck though since they do have custom fitted covers for non-electric seats. I've been meaning to get in touch with them and have them remove the touring trim in the options. I've been begging anyone in the annaheim California area with a touring model to go there so they can take measurements and have touring seat covers available. Unfortunately the trip from Maine ain't going to happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rear seat covers on EX - Wet Okole?

Has anyone ever used Wet Okole seat covers? What did you think of them?

I can't find any seat covers for the 60/40 rear split seat, as Coverking is only making them for the LX model. Carrying a small child around and occasional animals makes this a must for me. It looks as if Wet Okole makes them, so I wondered if anyone here had experience with that (somewhat expensive!) brand.

I saw the alternative use of the Civic OEM rear seat cover and may end up needing to use that.

I'm hoping to get my Insight very soon... love the crimson pearl but oh that ivory interior!!

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts

I can't find any seat covers for the 60/40 rear split seat, as Coverking is only making them for the LX model. Carrying a small child around and occasional animals makes this a must for me. It looks as if Wet Okole makes them, so I wondered if anyone here had experience with that (somewhat expensive!) brand.

I saw the alternative use of the Civic OEM rear seat cover and may end up needing to use that.

I'm hoping to get my Insight very soon... love the crimson pearl but oh that ivory interior!!
The OEM rear seat cover for the Civic fits the Insight, and is sold in both LX (full seat back) and EX/Touring (60/40 seat back) configurations. The OEM rear seat covers are pricy versus aftermarket seat covers (and an OEM front seat cover equivalent isn't available), but the quality and fit are pretty great.

See existing thread on 'rear seat covers' for perspective: https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/321-interior/114-rear-seat-cover.html

Edit: Just checked online and saw that CoverKing NeoSupreme rear seat covers are offered for the GenX Honda Civic EX. It seems Wet Okole would offer the same for the GenX Civic that has been out since 2016. The measurements for the GenX Civic and Gen3 Insight rear seats are almost identical (if not the same), so you should be able to buy/use any GenX EX Civic cover to fit the Insight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh well...

Like the other car seat cover manufacturers, Wet Okole doesn't have a pattern yet for the 2019 Insights, and they won't until someone brings a car in to order in person.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Like the other car seat cover manufacturers, Wet Okole doesn't have a pattern yet for the 2019 Insights, and they won't until someone brings a car in to order in person.
It's ultimately your call... but the 2016-2019 Civic EX seat cover should fit the 2019 Insight EX. The measurements for the front and rear seats in the two cars are identical.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts

I think this is new news based on comments above (?), but both CoverKing and Wet Okole now list rear 60/40 seat covers when any/all 2019 or 2020 Insight specs/trim are entered. Wet Okole snapshot with rear seat cover listing is attached below.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Yes but when you choose it it says for non electric seats so coverking still doesn't have a custom seat cover for the touring model. All you ex drivers are in luck though since they do have custom fitted covers for non-electric seats. I've been meaning to get in touch with them and have them remove the touring trim in the options. I've been begging anyone in the annaheim California area with a touring model to go there so they can take measurements and have touring seat covers available. Unfortunately the trip from Maine ain't going to happen.
Just re-checked and as of today, CoverKing still lists the seat covers as available for the Touring, but the front seat cover description still reads 'manual' driver and passenger seat controls.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts