Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
Does anybody know where to get those red front and rear emblems for the insight?
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
There are a lot to choose from on eBay and Amazon, but not all are authentic so it depends on your price point and preference.

For "authentic" emblems, look for ones that are called JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) or USDM (US Domestic Market) or OEM (from Type-R)... not ones that are called "JDM style" or other description. The logos/size from the GenX Civic (2016+) should fit the Insight emblem area. These are the part numbers from the Type-R:
Type-R OEM Front emblem = 75700-TGH-A01
Type-R OEM Rear emblem = 75701-TGH-A01​

Here are a few "authentic" options you could look into; you can also use the part numbers above to check online OEM dealer part stores:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello guys,
Does anybody know where to get those red front and rear emblems for the insight?
Thank you
I'd like to have my emblems Hybrid "BLUE" like how Toyota does theirs. I don't mind showing off the car as a Hybrid, so if I could get them in Hybrid "BLUE" I'd remove all the other emblems.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
I'd like to have my emblems Hybrid "BLUE" like how Toyota does theirs. I don't mind showing off the car as a Hybrid, so if I could get them in Hybrid "BLUE" I'd remove all the other emblems.
Blue would also look more original/unique in the US market. I can't vouch for authenticity or fit, but here are a few blue emblem logos currently listed on eBay, fit for the GenX Civic and Type-R (so most likely to also fit the Insight):

·
Registered
115 Posts
Blue would also look more original/unique in the US market. I can't vouch for authenticity or fit, but here are a few blue emblem logos currently listed on eBay, fit for the GenX Civic and Type-R (so most likely to also fit the Insight):
Here's one for the Rear OUCH!($95 +$20 shipping) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-REAR-TRUNK-EMBLEM-PLATE-HYBRID-BLUE-x-BLACK-JDM/270639557205

·
Registered
115 Posts
How difficult is an emblem swap?
I believe there's just two screws holding the emblem on for the trunk lid. You'll need to remove the trunk lids inner liner and the two screws should be visible. On our Insight the emblem is simply the Chrome piece - there is no backing like the examples Insightfully posted.

Our REAR emblem is not the full badge type - just basically the "H" ie; https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-OEM-75701TBAA10-REAR-H-CHROME-EMBLEM-FOR-CIVIC-SEDAN-2016-2019/262972251967

Our FRONT grill emblem I'm not too sure about. Though it's similar to the rear emblem it appears to be a complete cutout. Would need to get behind it to see if it's removable, but it's pretty big.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
How difficult is an emblem swap?
Most videos on youtube show the front/rear emblems being pulled/pried off with a screwdriver. There are two prongs that attach the original emblems at the midpoint. With some patience to pry and leverage it off without scratching the exterior, it looks like <10-15 min job, with more time spent removing the rear emblem than the front one.

Another technique is heat gun, then wires to pry the emblem off. This video is done in the dark, but it's the easiest removal approach I've seen so far:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I believe there's just two screws holding the emblem on for the trunk lid. You'll need to remove the trunk lids inner liner and the two screws should be visible. On our Insight the emblem is simply the Chrome piece - there is no backing like the examples Insightfully posted.

Our REAR emblem is not the full badge type - just basically the "H" ie; https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-OEM-75701TBAA10-REAR-H-CHROME-EMBLEM-FOR-CIVIC-SEDAN-2016-2019/262972251967

Our FRONT grill emblem I'm not too sure about. Though it's similar to the rear emblem it appears to be a complete cutout. Would need to get behind it to see if it's removable, but it's pretty big.
Other than paying $115 for the most authentic Hybrid Honda emblem I think the 3rd emblem that Insightfully posted seems to me to be the best choice if it would fit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Emble...t/183856237087[/I

One could however remove the chrome "H" emblem and paint the inset area BLUE and re-install the "H" emblem...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Most videos on youtube show the front/rear emblems being pulled/pried off with a screwdriver. Another technique is heat gun, then wires to pry the emblem off. There are two prongs that attach the original emblems at the midpoint. With some patience to pry and leverage it off without scratching the exterior, it looks like <10-15 min job, with more time spent removing the rear emblem than the front one.
I believe prying them off from the front would prevent the emblem from being reattached securely as that would break the securing legs off - pretty much like an arrow tip. Most people who remove their emblems don't care about them because they're changing them anyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
I believe prying them off from the front would prevent the emblem from being reattached securely as that would break the securing legs off - pretty much like an arrow tip. Most people who remove their emblems don't care about them because they're changing them anyway.
The video example shows the prongs on new JDM emblems don't align and are bent off before attaching as replacement. Adhesive is the main thing that keeps the new JDM emblems on, rather than re-inserting the prongs into place. But you're right that the only risk for damaging the old emblems is if you want to put them back in the future, or if you find an OEM set for the US market where you want the prongs to actually fit in place.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I did a DIY Blue Emblem for the rear! I had some left over blue adhesive vinyl from my signmaking days. I just used soapy water and cut 4 pieces a little bigger than each area and then slid them in place while slightly lifting the emblem up with a scissors tip. It looks good and was free!
Looks better than the flat aftermarket blue emblems.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Looks better than the flat aftermarket blue emblems.
I still like the blue 'pearlized' version that sEXzNsite shared in post #10... but can't deny this creative DIY approach and outcome! Now that I see it, I'm not sure I want to be 'like a Toyota/Prius' and advertise the hybrid nature beyond the emblems. Feeling kind of torn in that regard...

·
Super Moderator
1,067 Posts
I did a DIY Blue Emblem for the rear! I had some left over blue adhesive vinyl from my signmaking days. I just used soapy water and cut 4 pieces a little bigger than each area and then slid them in place while slightly lifting the emblem up with a scissors tip. It looks good and was free!
Please tell me you live near NJ and would take my money to do this to my Insight. If not, pretty-please tell me what materials to buy and how to do it myself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I still like the blue 'pearlized' version that sEXzNsite shared in post #10... but can't deny this creative DIY approach and outcome! Now that I see it, I'm not sure I want to be 'like a Toyota/Prius' and advertise the hybrid nature beyond the emblems. Feeling kind of torn in that regard...
I can't wait to see it at night. It is actually blue reflective vinyl so it should light up from headlights at night and shimmer in the daytime.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts