Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! Can anyone tell me if any climate control info (temp, fan speed, mode) is displayed on your Insight after using remote start?

I’m trying to determine if my dealership failed to reconnect something properly after a repair. Videos imply that the AC shows that it’s set to 72 with remote start but my display is blank even though the air is flowing.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
3,314 Posts
The info below isn't apples to apples (or Insight to Insight...) but videos of remote start for other/older Hondas show the screen stays dark.

2018 CRV [1:18 to 2:15] - youtube.com/watch?v=4FP4mQJ7lCE
2017 Accord [1:30 to 2:43] - youtube.com/watch?v=wvAXEFqP3EA
2016 Civic [0:35 to - end] - youtube.com/watch?v=bfjmqJOUni4

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
Hello! Can anyone tell me if any climate control info (temp, fan speed, mode) is displayed on your Insight after using remote start?

I’m trying to determine if my dealership failed to reconnect something properly after a repair. Videos imply that the AC shows that it’s set to 72 with remote start but my display is blank even though the air is flowing.

Thank you!
I think that is normal because my Insight doesn't display anything when I get in the car after using remote start except to put my foot on the brake+press start to start the car.

·
Super Moderator
3,314 Posts
I think that is normal because my Insight doesn't display anything when I get in the car after using remote start except to put my foot on the brake+press start to start the car.
In prior post @andrew28 mentioned your car always starts in EV mode since you never have the heater on when you start your car. (https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/5392-post12.html). When you use remote start, what settings do you find and does it override all of the "off" selections you last made?

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
In prior post @andrew28 mentioned your car always starts in EV mode since you never have the heater on when you start your car. (https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/5392-post12.html). When you use remote start, what settings do you find and does it override all of the "off" selections you last made?
When I use remote start, my displays are all off when I get in the car, except for the one behind the steering wheel, where it tells me to put my foot on the brake+press start, to start the car. Once I do that, the car goes back to EV mode, and heater turns off. I can turn it back on, and it will be at the temperature I set it at from my previous trip. I assume that is what you're asking?

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
I was asking if remote start overrides the "all systems off" settings you made before last turning off the car.
I'm not sure what you mean by "all systems off" setting. I shut off the heater manually before turning off the car after every trip. So when I use remote start, it does turn on the heater, even if I manually shut off the heater from the trip before. It will turn off the remote start heater once I physically push start in the car. So remote start does override my heater setting but remembers that I originally had it off once I push start in the car. If I don't use remote start, my car never starts up with the heater on, and will be in EV mode. It will go into EV mode when I push start even if I used remote start though because it remembers to not start the heater.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can confirm that remote start overrides any setting you have of climate control - I've heard conflicting reports about what temperature it automatically sets it to, but the most common one is 69 degrees. When you turn on the car, it will go back to whatever setting you had it last.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts