Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacing Armrest on front doors

Replacing the armrest on the doors is a little more work. First you have to pop off the front plastic part of the armrest where the window switches are located. This part pops off just like the center console parts, once you have this loose there is one screw that has to be removed.. To remove the fabric covered armrest section you have to pop off the door panel and remove screws. There are 5 screws on the backside of the door panel that hold the armrest on. When I did mine I popped the panel off at the back edge of the door and at the bottom there is no need to remove the door panel completely. This allowed me to get behind the door with small screw drivers and remove the screws then the armrest comes off easily. Put the new armrest in place and put the screws back in.

When you pop the door panel off the plastic connectors that hold the panel on make stay in the door, if they do pry them out and put them back on the door panel and then pop the panel back into place with your hand.

If you search on Youtube there are several videos of how to remove the door panel on 2016-2018 Honda Civic 4 doors sedans that are the same as the 2019 Insight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also upgraded my door panel arm rest to the touring model leather pieces. I did all 4 doors.
zeekevin, how much were the leather arm rests?
The door leather was roughly 22 bucks each. My pricing was a little bit less due to getting cost on the parts

Upgraded the center arm rest for the optional one with the light kit, the install was a pain in the ass.
Cool I had considered this item but it was very pricey and I wasn't about to try to install it. Is it comfortable? Does it work a lot like the original? How is the lighting on it?
It is super comfortable it brings it to the height I am used to in my other cars. It functions the same as stock one. The lighting kit is just ok, I didn’t want it but there is no optional not to install it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts