Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,285 Posts
the tire rotation has not been an issue thus far as I just rotated my tires (y)
This just came to mind with @insightfully's question. Normally, front tires go straight back, and rears swap to opposite front corners. With that in mind, you should never have mis-matched tires on one side of the car. Just be sure to set air pressure accordingly when you rotate.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the tip, but all the tire pressures are set at 35 and I've been using the same tire shop since 2003 for all my cars and they've always done me solid

·
Registered
51 Posts
What Yokohama tires did you get?
I got the Yokohama Avid Ascend GT. Right now I am averaging about 43mpg about a 5 mpg drop from normal. Based on full tank mpg. I am thinking there is another cause to this issue. I do have them at 38psi in the front and 36 psi in the back. There is a sound I heard around 50+mpg and only on smooth road, not a vibration so, I know its not balance. I was thinking alignment might be bad or the piece of metal I ran over did something that catches wind.

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
I got the Yokohama Avid Ascend GT. Right now I am averaging about 43mpg about a 5 mpg drop from normal. Based on full tank mpg. I am thinking there is another cause to this issue. I do have them at 38psi in the front and 36 psi in the back. There is a sound I heard around 50+mpg and only on smooth road, not a vibration so, I know its not balance. I was thinking alignment might be bad or the piece of metal I ran over did something that catches wind.
The outdoor temperatures are also starting to cool, and may also affect your mpg comparison (?). I experience 10-15% mpg difference from spring/summer to fall/winter temps alone, on same all season tires.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The outdoor temperatures are also starting to cool, and may also affect your mpg comparison (?). I experience 10-15% mpg difference from spring/summer to fall/winter temps alone, on same all season tires.
Unfortunately Florida does not see the same seasons lol. Still in the 80's here

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
But I’m lucky I’ve only had one irreparable puncture after all this driving.
@Insightfu1 - What tire(s) did you end up using for replacement? Were you able to replace just one, and if so did you stick with the Michelin Energy Saver A/S? Or with your higher mileage, did you have to replace all 4 tires and pulled out the Goodyear Assurance Maxlife that you mentioned pre-buying?

·
Registered
338 Posts
@Insightfu1 - What tire(s) did you end up using for replacement? Were you able to replace just one, and if so did you stick with the Michelin Energy Saver A/S? Or with your higher mileage, did you have to replace all 4 tires and pulled out the Goodyear Assurance Maxlife that you mentioned pre-buying?
I got the replacement certificates when I got the Goodyear Assurance Maxlife.. so I replaced the irreparable tire using the certificate and bought another certificate for that replacement tire.

They are at 7/32 all around, with the replacement at 8/32, and have roughly 35k miles on them. I was hoping to get at least 80k from them but at this rate , it doesn’t look like i will based on replacing tires at 4/32.

The OEM Michelin Energy Savers lasted around 45k with 4/32 (I replaced them on May 21 2020) when I replaced them though. My mpg dropped throughout summer from 50s to about 47 now and I’m not sure if it’s because of running ac on high for long periods or tires. Plus there is the summer gas blend that supposed to improve mpg so there are a few variables to work with. But now that the weather is getting cooler, I’ll have to see if my mpg improves with less AC use.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts