Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Infotainment screen issue suspecting dealer caused this while going over the interior for me. Can i remove this or do i need to contact dealer.

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Infotainment screen issue suspecting dealer caused this while going over the interior for me. Can i remove this or do i need to contact dealer.
Welcome to the forum. It looks like some sort of overspray that was missed, and something you should be able to remove. Was the dealer going over the interior as part of your pre-delivery inspection, or did you bring your car in for service? Have you tried blotting with water or a damp cloth already... or is this and "after" picture of trying to clean the area? If your concerned about scratching or damaging the surface, you could test a small spot with damp cloth and see if it dissolves.

My local dealers advertise extra automotive sanitizing as part of their service and for covid-safety; a couple dealers use something called GTech Anti-Microbial cleaner. Maybe one of these extra cleaners is the source of overspray... or maybe it's just a spot that the detailing tech missed wiping down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi tried wiping it with chemical guys glass clesner didn't come out then also tried distilled water both didn't work. Just purchased the car a week ago

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Hi tried wiping it with chemical guys glass clesner didn't come out then also tried distilled water both didn't work. Just purchased the car a week ago
Yikes... if you've already tried cleaning it and you think the dealer may have caused it, it'd be worth flagging to dealer sooner than later. Is there a film on those areas (crusty or sticky) or are those areas still smooth? It shouldn't affect usage, but in certain lighting it's a bit of an eyesore (and if you're like me, you'll always notice it).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No film thinking it has to be from dealer hopefully they will help. Just noticing it after a week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts