Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In post number 5 I see a line that reads “reverse alert tone”. Is that part of the 2021 manual or it only applies if you got that accessory installed?

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
In post number 5 I see a line that reads “reverse alert tone”. Is that part of the 2021 manual or it only applies if you got that accessory installed?
The manual snapshot is from OM19 (coz I own one and the manual hasn't changed much with models introduced since then). :)

The "Reverse Alert Tone" is the (subtle) chime heard in-cabin when "R" is pushed on the gear selector. That chime notification can be turned off, but is "on" by default. - Reverse Alert Tone

The "Rear Cross Traffic Alert" on the 2021 (that replaces LaneWatch) is a new / separate control and setting that the 2019/2020 models don't have.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to go and check the manual. I was getting confused thinking the “ reverse alert tone “ would make a beep beep beep when backing up but it is just a subtle one time tone when you put it into reverse. That option was already on. I have my tones set for mid. I never gave it any thought after almost 1 1/2 years. I thought it was something I didn’t know about.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
I had to go and check the manual. I was getting confused thinking the “ reverse alert tone “ would make a beep beep beep when backing up but it is just a subtle one time tone when you put it into reverse. That option was already on. I have my tones set for mid. I never gave it any thought after almost 1 1/2 years. I thought it was something I didn’t know about.
Ha, same... and I was confused even before the Reverse Cross Traffic / Blind Spot System became available on the 2021. @Mobilcams helped clear it up in the posts linked above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts