Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i owned a Prius, this was not possible because it would drain the aux battery.. I’m assuming this is the same with the Insight, but just had to ask..

I want my dash cam on all the time.. Perhaps i can get a high capacity battery pack on Amazon, put it under driver’s seat, and run a line through interior pieces (a-pillar, through plastic portion that meets windshield and down into dash cam)..

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts
There was a similar/related question asked in the following "Running auxiliary to power telescope" thread.

The manual suggests auxiliary battery be used with the power system is on, to avoid 12V battery drain. While the power system runs, the HV battery can use DC-to-DC converter to recharge the 12V battery.

If you opt for alternate battery pack, would be interested in hearing about your final set-up and accessories used. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
When i owned a Prius, this was not possible because it would drain the aux battery.. I’m assuming this is the same with the Insight, but just had to ask..

I want my dash cam on all the time.. Perhaps i can get a high capacity battery pack on Amazon, put it under driver’s seat, and run a line through interior pieces (a-pillar, through plastic portion that meets windshield and down into dash cam)..
https://youtu.be/dNFBciN2npE?t=2225
The above video mentions Honda and Subaru have weaker 12v batteries so they suggested a dedicated dashcam battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts