1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
My cost-per-mile over the last 22K+ miles I've had my Insight is four cents. I'm not too worried about a gas price increase!

Winter fuel, on the other hand, I despise!

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
My cost-per-mile over the last 22K+ miles I've had my Insight is four cents. I'm not too worried about a gas price increase!

Winter fuel, on the other hand, I despise!
That's some crazy efficient mileage math. Find a few pennies on the ground and you'd be driving around for free...

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed after going over 4k miles lifetime my average MPG has been going up. My last tank was averaging 55-56 mpg where as before it was usually around 52mpg. My current tank with 40 or so miles is at 59MPG.

Did 3 trips earlier today and all were above 60mpg. :surprise: 1st one was 6 miles and the last 2 was 4 miles each.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I noticed after going over 4k miles lifetime my average MPG has been going up. My last tank was averaging 55-56 mpg where as before it was usually around 52mpg. My current tank with 40 or so miles is at 59MPG.

Did 3 trips earlier today and all were above 60mpg. :surprise: 1st one was 6 miles and the last 2 was 4 miles each.
Those are impressive numbers for such short drives. My short trips usually hurt my mpg since the battery hasn’t warmed up yet so it hardly kicks in the entire trip. What’s the most effective strategy for <5mile trips?

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Funny thing how we could now basically be completely independent and not rely upon any oil imports from outside North America, if only our oil companies would refine gasoline domestically from the type of oil that is produced in the USA, Canada and Mexico.

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Those are impressive numbers for such short drives. My short trips usually hurt my mpg since the battery hasn’t warmed up yet so it hardly kicks in the entire trip. What’s the most effective strategy for <5mile trips?
To be honest with you I have no clue how I got above 60mpg with those short trips let alone 70+mpg. I usually get 52mpg and on some occasions 56-61mpg. Was driving on eco mode, light traffic, temperature was 70F-78F(68F on the 65.5mpg trip), below 50mph, no AC just regular fan on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Gas was up in Denver about 20 cents when I filled my Element up on Monday. . . portends of things to come. . .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Filled up my truck on Monday at $2.07 a gallon. Filled up the Insight Tuesday at $2.25 a gallon. Our guberment likes making fake crisis to line the pockets of the uber rich that actually run this country. The closer it gets to the 2020 election, the worse things will get.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts