Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Touring. When I'm using Google Maps (or Apple Maps), the screen keeps going back to this, especially when I'm nearing a turn.

Vehicle Automotive design Audio equipment Media player Vehicle audio

It happens regardless of what other apps are open, so it's not that. It's not anything to do with the AC/fan. It happens even if I mute navigation directions.

The one consistent thing I've noticed is that it won't cut out if I'm a long stretch of road without any turns. It tends to cut out when I'm approaching a turn.

When I press the "Back" button, it takes me right back to where I was. Nothing stops working except the screen changes to that

I reset to factory settings which seemed to help for a few weeks. But now it's doing it again.

Any ideas? It's driving me bananas.

· Registered
92 Posts
I had a similar problem. My screen would go completely black after triggering the right side camera. After a while, I realized that the screen was frozen before it went to black. Normally happened during a route guidance voice prompt. I learned that when I heard a stutter in the voice that it was about to freeze. Even when the screen had frozen, the voice prompts would keep working and the directions on the dash would keep working. It got so bad that it would freeze within about 2 minutes of boot up. Only way I could fix it was to unplug my phone and plug it back in. Eventually it was freezing about every ten minutes. Then Honda did a factory reset of the infotainment screen. The problem was solved for a few months then it started up again. Second factory reset and a new USB cable and it had stayed away for about 6 months so far.

· Registered
533 Posts
Check out your cable. I had a bad cable and it would cause problems - replaced it with a non apple cable and started having issues again within 4 months.. Found an apple cable and have been using that one for the last almost 2 years with no issues. Also - there are some reports that the new 16.x.x versions of iOS is causing issues across the board with some cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts