Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this issue has been mentioned in a few different places, but thought it would be nice to have all the info centralized to see if there is any commonality in what causes it and what fixes it. I'll start:

At 568 miles, while driving down the road with satellite radio on and Bluetooth connected wirelessly to my Apple XR, the whole screen just went black, turned off and rebooted itself. Build date is 03/19 so it should have the most recent programming.

I'm also having other random issues with the screen. For instance, sometimes while on a call, a screen saying "audio unavailable while on a call" superimposes over everything else, not allowing me to use the touchscreen to end the call or anything else for that matter. EXTREMELY annoying.

Secondly, 8 times out of 10, no matter what screen I'm on, if I make a call or end it, the screen automatically reverts to the phone screen showing recent calls/favorites/etc. I have to manually push the app button at top of screen to go back to the radio or press the Home button and then whichever screen I was on. Also, EXTREMELY annoying.

So far, I'm unimpressed with HondaLink and a bit concerned these kinds of problems are already rearing their ugly head. I expect WAY more out of a Honda.

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
I've had my EX since Fall 2018, built 10/2018. I primarily connect my iPhone via bluetooth and haven't experienced the screen reboots, random screen messages/issues, or phone screen default described. BUT given the number of incidents and forum members reporting issues, it seems like it's just a matter of time (or a wayward software update away) until these issues might occur. I'm interested in seeing the responses and how people manage these incidents to learn what to do if/when it happens.

·
Super Moderator
2,350 Posts
I had maybe 3 black screen reboots since I owned the car. I haven't had any reboots in awhile, mostly just the random carplay disconnections. What I mean by this is that the display audio will boot me out of carplay as if I pulled out my lightning cable. Unplugging the lightning cable and plugging the lightning cable back in my iPhone will fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts