Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walk Away question... So I exited the car with the fob while my wife stayed in it. The car beeped and locked. A minute after, my wife got out and left. The car angrily beeps. Is it now locked or unlocked?

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Walk Away question... So I exited the car with the fob while my wife stayed in it. The car beeped and locked. A minute after, my wife got out and left. The car angrily beeps. Is it now locked or unlocked?
It's more of a security system question. The security alarm activated when you walked out of range with the fob. The door she opened unlocked 'forcibly' which triggered the alarm. The rest of the doors should still be locked.

Tip from HondaPro Jason to avoid this is to leave fob in car when passengers will remain inside:

https://youtu.be/9flFBu9alRQ?t=1403

·
Registered
836 Posts
Just going to assume that you powered down the car before exit. You could always leave the car on, and exit with the key, you will still get the initial "key fob not detected" beeps, but the security system wouldn't have activated in that scenario.

My tip, as it's worked flawlessly for us, is one of our keys stays in her purse, and I use a carabiner and mine stays on my belt. Often times when we are out running errands, one of us runs in while the other is in the car, this way we can string together several quick stops into a "single" trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts