Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the USB2 exclusively to listen to all my music. I have the infotainment system set to play from a USB flash drive so that all songs are played randomly and anything I don't want to listen to I can hit the seek/skip buttons on the left of the steering wheel to advance to the next song or songs. If I want to go back I use the seek/skip buttons the other way but I find I can only go back to the beginning of the current song and not a previously listened song or a random song the other way The manual shows on page 308 that using either the forward or back arrows will change files. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something or this is how it works

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Press the seek/skip (<) button 2 times. The first press should take you to the beginning of the current song. The second press should then take you to the previous song played.

Reactions: Barn1960

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Press the seek/skip (<) button 2 times. The first press should take you to the beginning of the current song. The second press should then take you to the previous song played.
Makes good sense... and sounds similar to how controls worked on CD player for older Honda. First << press returned to start of track, second << press moved to prior song.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I didn't explain myself properly in the original post. Using the seek/skip in the forward position works properly. Press once and it goes to the next song. Press again and it goes to the song after that etc etc. Going backwards is a different story. When a song is playing, pushing the seek/skip backwards once it goes back to the beginning of the song I was listening to. If I push the seek/skip a second time it stays on the same song and starts at the beginning a second time. Holding the back seek/skip does change the song but it also takes it to a different folder and only plays the songs in that folder and it looses the random play feature. What I just discovered is by pushing the back seek/scan twice rapidly it does in fact take it back to a different song and doesn't loose the random play. I guess I answered my own question.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
When a song is playing, pushing the seek/skip backwards once it goes back to the beginning of the song I was listening to. If I push the seek/skip a second time it stays on the same song and starts at the beginning a second time.

Holding the back seek/skip does change the song but it also takes it to a different folder and only plays the songs in that folder and it looses the random play feature.

What I just discovered is by pushing the back seek/scan twice rapidly it does in fact take it back to a different song and doesn't loose the random play. I guess I answered my own question.
'Timing is everything' as they say. :)

Sounds like it registers a delay in presses as repeating the same step, long-press as alternate navigation, and quick successive presses as moving back a track. Perhaps this is a 'feature' since there are only so many buttons available.

Does it have similar range of options when using the forward seek/skip with delay, long-press, and quick double-press?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When going forward if you press the seek/scan once it goes to the next song. You can listen to the song for whatever length you want and then push the button once more and if goes to the next song. If the reverse is done, pushing once back only takes it to the beginning of the same song. Let it play a few seconds and push it once more and it goes back to the beginning of the same song again. Only fast double push will take you to another song in reverse. I'm not sure about the quick double press and long press going forward as I haven't had a problem that way but I will try it and report back

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I went out into the garage and tried the other two things - double quick press and long press on the forward seek/scan button. The double quick press advances it 2 songs and the long press advance the current song faster. So it appears that in USB mode the seek/scan buttons work differently when in forward or backward

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
So I went out into the garage and tried the other two things - double quick press and long press on the forward seek/scan button. The double quick press advances it 2 songs and the long press advance the current song faster. So it appears that in USB mode the seek/scan buttons work differently when in forward or backward
Found 'official' info on the seek/skip feature in conjunction with USB audio, including the difference between 'press' and 'press and hold' in both directions (p237). The info is on pages ahead of the USB Audio excerpt in first post (p308), so Honda seems to assume one has read the manual cover-to-cover and saw these seek/skip instructions before reaching the USB audio section. ;)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts