Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American Honda is extending the warranty on the A/C condenser to 10 years from the original date of purchase with unlimited miles.This warranty extension only covers vehicles that have a defective A/C condenser from the factory. The A/C condenser was not manufactured to specification. As a result, corrosion may develop in the form of tiny holes in the condenser tube walls that allow the refrigerant to leak out.This does not apply to any vehicle that has a leaking condenser due to foreign object damage.It also does not apply to any vehicle that has ever been declared a total loss or sold for salvage by a financial institution or insurer, or has a branded or similar title under any state’s law.

American Honda expects to complete customer notification by early summer.

This new warranty extension applies to the Accord, Accord Hybrid, Clarity, Civic Type-R, and Insight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anybody found the VIN range for this repair replacement. You may know this, it is an extensive repair job on this vehicle. The whole front and has to be torn apart and put back together. 9 out of 10 times, you’ll get rattles from this type of repair.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anybody found the VIN range for this repair replacement. You may know this, it is an extensive repair job on this vehicle. The whole front and has to be torn apart and put back together. 9 out of 10 times, you’ll get rattles from this type of repair.
"American Honda expects to complete customer notification by early summer."
They said expect a notice in the mail by early Summer if your vehicle is part of the extension.

·
Registered
2020 Insight EX Crimson Pearl
147 Posts
"American Honda expects to complete customer notification by early summer."
They said expect a notice in the mail by early Summer if your vehicle is part of the extension.
I got my notification in the mail this past weekend.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Same here, notified over weekend. Not concerned. If it breaks, hey it’s covered for way longer than anyone else.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got mine in the mail yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
Got Simcoe's today.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Might be a dumb question, but what's to stop the dealership from poking it on purpose to claim external damage?

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
The wife got the same notice for her 2018 Civic sedan.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Might be a dumb question, but what's to stop the dealership from poking it on purpose to claim external damage?
All the more reason to take some photos of your a/c condenser, if you have a leak problem, before you take it to the dealership. Then you can compare with what they show you!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got my notification in the mail today. I guess they are a little slower here in Canada as there are far fewer Insights

1 - 12 of 12 Posts