Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Here is my new 2019 Insight Touring with every single accessory/addon they offer installed ($7425 worth!). Lunar Silver, Black Leather, 17" Dark Chrome alloy wheels, plus all accessories.
According to the Honda website “Build” that’s a couple thousand over list price for those accessories. Is that what you paid?

·
Registered
5 Posts
With installation the price I paid for all the accessories, including labor, was less than the build prices on Honda build pricing. I originally asked the same question when I saw the total for them too, but after checking some were cheaper, some were more expensive, but the total I paid with installation total overall was cheaper. For example the first aid kit is listed as $200, but I paid $50.
There are also some hidden accessories that are not shown by default, you have to expand all the options at the bottom.

I was surprised too that they had to special order 2 parts, but everything was completed within 48 hours.

·
Registered
238 Posts
For those of us considering the Insight, and looking at only a couple of accessories, could you explain what led you to get ALL possible accessories?!

Adding $7,425 to the price of a $25-28,000 car is more than 25%! That seems like a lot, but your reasoning could help those os us who are cheapskates about add-one!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Here is my new 2019 Insight Touring with every single accessory/addon they offer installed ($7425 worth!). Lunar Silver, Black Leather, 17" Dark Chrome alloy wheels, plus all accessories.
I gotta say, I’m not a fan of the looks of all that black trim and those visors. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like how it looks, looks better than the one I'm getting. I haven't been able to find any pictures of the armrest lighting aside from the genetic ones found in their website, mind taking a few so we know what we are getting?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking of getting the illuminated door sill trim. Do you have a photo of that?

I have a lunar silver Insight Touring too. You have excellent taste in colors. :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
These look like the stock wheels to me. Are they in installed in the pic? Also the Honda website lists the MSRP for the wheels as $1500 plus install costs. How much did then dealer charge you. Thanks, Gator.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
These look like the stock wheels to me. Are they in installed in the pic? Also the Honda website lists the MSRP for the wheels as $1500 plus install costs. How much did then dealer charge you. Thanks, Gator.
To check - are you asking about the wheels in the pictures of post #2 within this thread? If so, I agree that they look like the standard Touring rims.

@bamafan76 posted a nice side-view picture of newly-installed dark chrome alloy wheel upgrade in this post: https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/4306-post35.html

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Some pictures of my Insight at Wachusett Mountain State Reservation last Saturday. Plus a bonus pic of my Insight near an Acura RDX.

P.S. That last pic with the Suburu and 2 Harley Davidson motorcycles is interesting. I usually park far away from other cars and that whole area was empty when I parked. It happens so frequently that I think people intentionally do this when they see a vehicle parked away from others. :plain:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts